GameDev General - Friendly Edition

What are you currently working on?

⤶ ─

Attached: jHsHWeW.jpg (903x908, 217.04K)

this looks nice

i was trying to work on procedural generation of buildings but i realized i will never be able to do it because im too much of a brainlet
the problem is i have been trying to do procedural generation of classical buildings like this one in pic related.

how about you, you also working on building generation ?

Attached: building.jpg (1074x800, 264.4K)

to elaborate further, something like this gif, but instead of it being the simplistic style i wanted to make it that classical style

its way to hard though, so i will probably just look for some code online and try to change it to my needs.

Attached: gif of buildings.gif (600x600, 3.21M)

The thing about classical buildings is that they are not made to be procedural like more modern architectures that are laid out in blocks for automobile transit.
It goes down all the way to the plans and how they're laid out to express some concept like a man or a cross or a half circle etc
Classical facades are relatively straightforward though, you just need to spend time making the pieces the assets and read some classical works like the ten books

wew

Attached: rock001.webm (1024x576, 2.46M)

why is this shit so different from perspective cameras?

still trying to figure out how fucking makefiles work

pretty kino user

tried installing source sdk+hammer editor on windows 10, shit didn't work. which software/game engine should i use to build hl2-/stalker-tier abandoned cities & factories? i don't need the latest shaders and effects

Attached: 0F6C54BD-1B41-4F1F-9E2E-FFBC1191FF6D.jpg (1280x720, 131.07K)

It uses the distance to the camera point, instead of the distance to the camera plane like most 3d engines, so you get a fish-eye lens effect.
It's probably not going to be practical to keep doing it this way but for now it works.

You need to fix your barrel distortion with your projection matrix unless the curved walls are intentional.

Working with source is the equivalent to cbt of vydiadev, but it is comfy in a way, at least thats what the cbt enthusiasts say, its bloated in just the right way, honestly you could scour github for a simplish opensource engine that isint unity/ue4 bloat

i dont think i wiill be able to do it anyway. its how it always ends up. i get idea for something that would actualy be playable and interesting not just some walking simulator, then i try to implement it, i can't do jack shit, i go and try to borrow someone elses code and alter it for my case and then in the end it ends up being some botched half-assed shit, that is too botched to resemble original idea, because obviously one needs custom code to implement ideas since you can't just find everything already made on internet.

and so the cycle continues

what are the godot doing. im still waiting for godot 4.0 where people say 3d will actualy be useful.

for now godot is still too unoptimized for 3d

that's fascinating. How does one make this ?

thats just the gif i found on internet to show what i kind of want to do, it's not mine

Anyone here uses monogame if so what IDE you recommend me to use?

it's not that hard, at all. what was your strategy? what part did you find difficult?

>to build abandoned cities & factories
blender? unreal/godot for the fps game logic (unreal is better)