Thoughts?

thoughts?

Attached: 800px-KDE_logo.svg.png (800x800, 11.59K)

*krashes*

its great to use until you run ls -a and pgrep . -l

DEs are bloat, take the WMpill

slow, but works on my machines

>thoughts?
:thdown:

kdevelop is great

The best linux DE
Gnome is just garbage, and the rest is too far behind in features and support for new stuff like wayland

Attached: Screenshot_20220401_145229.png (1920x1080, 354.79K)

>*krashes* 🤓

>>*krashes*

Only issue I got with it is that it won't load all the thumbnails at once when I open the folder where I got a shitload of reaction images. I end up having to click back on kdiaolog and then forward so that it loads them all.
All the thumbnails are on the cache folder I guess it's just too much for kdialog to load hundreds of pic and webm thumbnails at once.

i dont really know about their de as a whole, i just use their programs individually with mint and so far i love their stuff, i always try and go for the middle ground between modern soidevy bloat and autistic programs from the 90s and their stuff just works for me, i might switch to it in the future

okay, i wanna switch but ive been intimidated by lack of a de, what wm should i use as an absolute noob to them and is it easy to switch back and forth between them and a de?

most display managers (your login screen) will let you choose what de/wm to load when you log in, what wm doesnt matter but i3 is shitware imo try bspwm or spectrwm. they're all gonna have a learning curve

Sent from my Google - Pixel 6

Use i3
For customization download lxappearance

FPBP

you don't even need a display manager, you can just stick what you want to run as an exec in .xinitrc

Still the best Linux DE, but not really by any merit of their own. The competition just sucks.

yeah i was saying as far as this guy being able to try it out easily without breaking his current install which seemed like his concern. being able to just choose bspwm or i3 or whatever from the gdm login screen or from kde's login screen is a very useful feature for people trying to dip their toes in the water

good de. Like all DEs it's more bloated than a wm by design but significantly easier and less annoying to use.
It's my go-to DE (after some WMs of course)

unironically this
why would you even use i3 if you can just have stuff you want on ttys instead of workspaces?
inb4 muh applets, just run the actual program on some tty and after configuring close it

ahh, it's about display managers
if you use display manager you are a fucking retards
if [ -z "${DISPLAY}" ] && [ "${XDG_VTNR}" -eq 1 ]; then
exec startx
fi

fpb--*krashes*

Pretty good. I'll take mostly anything ever Gnome.