Why is Intel so good at NUCs? AMD simply cannot compete when it comes to power effiency on low power devices

Why is Intel so good at NUCs? AMD simply cannot compete when it comes to power effiency on low power devices.

Attached: Intel-NUC-11-Pro-Cover.jpg (800x519, 49.2K)

can you play snes emulators on those? what else can you do with them?

There's no point in any sort of PC that isn't a full tower with proper hardware, proper cooling and the ability to add numerous expansion cards. Otherwise you might as well just buy a Mac.

I don't get it. Who buys these? People who want minimalism just get a mac or a laptop.

NUCs are fucking retarded. And yes you can get small form factors (ITX minis and whatever) for AMD.:PillowNo:

Some of those look pretty powerful. Do they throttle like laptops or can you run them at full power all the time?

They're just i5 and i7 CPUs with Intel's high end iGPUs, which just puts them on par with AMD's offerings.
Sure their small, but beyond that they're nothing special.

nuc 9pro was really cool

Attached: A9AB1E70-42C9-4009-B2B7-144B2C013FD5.jpg (1268x1209, 338.8K)

>Who buys these?
Businesses with digital cash registers

My AMD NUC is really fucking good and it replaced my desktop.

I can emulate PS2 games.

Sent from my Topton - Ryzen 5 5500U.

I have limited space in my living room sir

which one u have maggit

How much power at idle?

ahem

star labs will release this thing with coreboot

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-04-01 17-14-58.png (1089x1166, 259.58K)

I think both manufacturers suck at it. Just give us an unlocked console HW equivalent with a midrange GPU fused with a midrange CPU in a compact chassis.

Could you make such a thing out of a smart phone for extra low energy? Smart phones can play youtubes and what not, right? Sounds sweet for a silent shit box that is on 24/7 for easy computings.

based and buying, because fuck intlel

Attached: 130912amda4em-e1421940072263-removebg-preview.png (300x251, 66.88K)

>$777

I’ll stick with my pc

Attached: 1648835934521.jpg (200x202, 10.37K)

I have one on my draws, it's connected to my TV for web browsing, and light gaming. I have the nuc8i7hvk i7-8809G, my TV is 4k60 and 1080p120, so it's pretty nice for gaming, especially when combined with a DS4 controller for things like Skyrim etc.
I've toyed with the idea of getting a portable monitor for taking it on holiday and stuff, for a bit more power than my laptop.

I use one as a Plex server

Volume sold by each?

Do you have my house mainframe with mobile terminal?

no one wants to admit this is where its headed, one puter. I finally just made an activist purchase of an APU so that we get chip on die quicker.