/spg/ - SmartPhone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: wwdc-keynote_190.jpg (600x400, 40.93K)

First for Poco F3

Are there any phones that eschew ridiculously high specced, expensive cameras while still having decent processers?

you can browse the web, send messages and perform phone calls on a snapdragon 430, mate
any phone processor is decent in 2022

don't let them win - buy sony

I guess I just want to know what brands of phone to look for if I don't want 50% of the price to be for a cutting edge camera that I'll never use. I still want the screen and processor to be good, you know? I mostly use phones to have fun with rooting, watch youtube, play some time wasting games and listen to music.

What does /spg/ think of the Galaxy S22 Ultra?

I consider it a nonstarter. The lack of a headphone jack makes it a hard pass. Additionally, Samsung phones are annoying to root.

Would Any Forums make use of a phone with an e-ink screen on the back?

Attached: 1648797329435.jpg (760x438, 169.27K)

No, since I put my phones in a case 100% of the time to protect them from random drops.

wait. /spg/ also stands for slave p0ny general

yes, yes! a million times yes!

There are flip covers that leave the e-ink side open. I use this one (not my pic).

Attached: 1648798005203.jpg (500x375, 84.53K)

I feel like you're trying to sell me something here. Who are you shilling for?

I'm shilling for e-ink phones in general. The only company making them at this point is Hisense now that Yotaphone is bankrupt, but I'd like to see more choice on the market.
I think if more people knew about them they'd be a lot more popular, because obscurity is the only reason I didn't get one sooner.

I mean you could just buy a normal e-reader. That way it would be a decent size and not attached to something that constantly runs down the battery, regardless of whether you turn the pages.

>The lack of a headphone jack makes it a hard pass.
who the fuck still uses wired headphones on their phone in 2022

i got given a hand me down iphone 5s back in like 2014 and then got given a 2nd hand iphone 7 in 2019 that i still use today perfectly fine.
i hate apple shit so much because you cant do shit with it unless u jailbreak it and even then youre still restricted to the ecosystem and the fact you dont have access to shit like f-droid and apks
ive been looking into androids on and off and found that the most root/custom rom friendly devices are oneplus and pixels
i dont want to give google more money( and no buying 2nd hand doesnt solve the problem)
so should i go with a OnePlus 6 or the Nord N100

Is there any better phone then mine? Without notch and front camera is hidden. None of that camera below screen bs, that shit takes your picture all the time

Sent from my Xiaomi - Mi 9T

Testing

Sent from my Sony - XQ-AS52

want a S22e to exist