External Hard Drives

Why is it just these two? And who is better

Attached: 1648672893609.png (697x675, 499.18K)

> 4TB
> $180

> 8TB
> $180

I know which i'd buy.

Seagate: shit.

My Cloud: worst, runny, stinky shit on the merket. THE worst NAS implementation ever foisted on the public.

Elements: slightly less than shit, will die within 3 years, because their Blue drives are shit.

might be a trick and 8TB actually worse quality and gonna die faster due to unknown reasons

Huh?

It's not

however you are saving more money from buying the TB so you actually make a better profit

I have the seagate expansion but only 2TB. No idea how good it is but it works

Best Buy has 8TB WD easystores for $160

If my mind remembers well, one of those WD's has a enterprise disk inside. Search for [insert model here] shucking on YT to see which.
>also
Did not the My cloud cases have extra functionality? Check if thats erves u well, you may want the disk for the sapce, not for the extra features

Any recommendations for an external SSD? I just need 1tb

>no RAID
enjoy losing data

They're all gonna die so just get the cheapest one always.

the 4tb is more expensive because it has cloud botnet built in
if you pay more than $15/TB ur retarded

Samsung T5 has been good to me. I max out at 550MBps or so which is the fastest it can go. I use rsync to back up my internal ssd to it and it goes much faster than when I was using a thumb drive.

You already lose data with raid

Elements usually contain whites

You lose capacity not data

>tfw been using a 2TB chinkdrive for over 10 years without issue

Buy the 8TB, partition it into 2 4TB partitions and then RAID 1 them for redundancy.

Also keep in mind some elements drives encrypt your data in the enclosure rendering it unreadable from the bare drives if the adapter fails (and this does happen)

Ebay has refurbished Western Digital 4TB drives for like $70.
Your money... do whatever. You're already buying externals so it isn't a good investment as-is.

Attached: 1648743385442s.jpg (250x158, 6.93K)

They do fucking whatnow