/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Any Forums?

Attached: sample_47888ac51e116dab614298dfd1af58d5.jpg (850x1253, 751.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/thread/thread/detach
github.com/friendlyanon/cmake-init
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fpbp

nth for Planner

en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/thread/thread/detach

>if thread is not joinable() calling detach() is an error

I swear I fixed this already... Even with git vcs I have a million different versions floating around evrerywhere.

Reminding anons to use github.com/friendlyanon/cmake-init when creating new C++ and C projects!

I usually work on solo projects and don't give code to my clients until they pay me once per week. What do I do if I work on a project where there's multiple programmers? Can't really do the same tactic then.

Attached: 123.jpg (576x768, 94.36K)

tow a cute

cute! :3

Can someone point me toward some good resources for programming things involving GUIs? I want to program a card game that my friend created so he can host it online. Would I use JS for this?

C#

Reminder to report our threadly spam!

Bros, it's a good feeling to still be smart enough to solve a few leetcode/kattis questions. I already feel retarded from having so much free time but it looks like mental regression hasn't caught up to me yet.

Online as in, via your browser, or just a program with online functionality?

can you guys help me out, i finished my bachelors for software dev two years ago, however it took me like 3 extra years to finish from health problems.
I know my stuff but i can't get hired.
Should i take away the dates that i finished my bachelors, so it looks like i didn't take that long?
Am i fucked out of the market due to my illness? it messed up my grades but i know my stuff.
What should i do?

You will never ever be considered unless you lie in your resume, yes.

what should i say then?
should i say that i finished last year?
Should i remove the dates i finished?

Just say the time off was so that you could come to terms with your sexuality, then wear a skirt to the interview. Guaranteed hire.

Things like are, unfortunately, legitimate.
Otherwise pretend you've just finished your degree a few months ago tops.

is it really that bad?
Should i mention it in the resume?
Should i go for internships first?

You can certainly try for internship but they tend to be as cutthroat as entry positions if you're not still in college (your university normally has special deals with select companies to provide internships, which makes this path easier). It won't cost too much to try and to use this as a chance to experiment with lying on your resume though.
You kinda need to mention your graduation and degree start date, but you can lie about them. Most people won't check beyond whether you do or don't have the degree, and even then most won't even check.

Via a browser
I have some experience programming board game type logic and with game trees, the only thing I'm missing is webdev/GUI knowledge

what the fuck?

Attached: saten suprised.png (575x718, 350.5K)

>checks date
oh, nevermind carry on

Attached: saten eating ice.gif (640x360, 149.33K)

😭
Check the date.

Thanks.
I really fucked up, I should've told my uni i had major health issues ages ago but I was too scared too.
I just hope i can find a job.

Attached: ball.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

Are chained assignments in Python considered acceptable style or is it something you generally shouldn't do unless you're doing some code golfing shit? Like x = y = get_value() kind of thing. Saw someone do that in a tutorial example and kind of threw me for a loop since I don't see it often.

Now this is based

:ReimuGlare: :MeguminHappy:

Towawawewa.....