Anyone know if the MSI Aegus ZS is a solid PC? My desktop shit the bed and I'm looking at getting a new one...

Anyone know if the MSI Aegus ZS is a solid PC? My desktop shit the bed and I'm looking at getting a new one. I really want to make this one count though as it was less than a year since I brought that other one. Here's the link for reference.

bestbuy.com/site/msi-aegis-zs-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-r7-5800x-16gb-memory-rx-6700xt-1tb-ssd-black/6489656.p?skuId=6489656

If this PC sucks what would you guys recommend instead? I don't want to order something from ebay or amazon again. I need a place that can give me a warranty.

Attached: msi_aegis_zs_3te_070us_ryz_7_5800x_rtx_1610584.jpg (1000x1000, 131.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

storage-asset.msi.com/specSheet/us/desktop/Aegis ZS 5DS-263US.pdf
youtu.be/TpTrrIsMGXU
microcenter.com/product/645170/powerspec-g439-gaming-pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

honestly dude just build your own. pre-built pc's never last as long as they usually cheap out on parts wherever they can and they're usually marked up significantly versus just doing it yourself

I don't want to build it myself that's the thing. But that's why I'm trying to get one that's not gonna go to shit. The last one I brought didn't even make it a full year.

for reference i built mine in 2011 and it's still going today
I'd just go to your local computer store and ask them to build you one. going with a big brand prebuild like alienware or msi is asking for trouble

I'll think about it but I don't know. I like the idea of having a warranty for the entire PC and not just individual parts. The list of the parts are here, what do you think?

storage-asset.msi.com/specSheet/us/desktop/Aegis ZS 5DS-263US.pdf

I'm looking up the prices right now to see how much of a difference there is

Take the advice.
Have a professional build it for you if your too chicken shit.
Prebuilts are revolting and will always be shit. Its been that way for years and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

How does this work then? I tell them what PC I was interested in and they build something better?

Idk where you live in the world but for me I would goto my local Microcentre and ask them to build me a PC. They would work with me to find what's best for me.
I would buy the parts and then they would charge me like $100-$200 to build it for me.

But I'm still not understanding what the issue is with the one I posted. I get that it's better to build one but what exactly is the issue?

It's not the exact same model but from what I've heard from similar prebuilts like the MSI Aegus R, that pc will not last you very long

Really? How long do these PCs usually last?

So with a pre built, as another user said, they often massively cheap out and don't care about your experience.
The guy at Micro centre or whatever massively does because if it does work, you can go and find him personally at the store again.
Also the guy at MicroCentre or whatever cannot cheap out on parts as the store doesn't offer them (for a reason)

Well they do have a micro centre where I live. How long does this usually take though? I do need the PC for school and using my laptop all of the time is uncomfortable.

No idea honestly. Go ask em.
Call em if you like.

Warranty for the entire pc versus individual parts is completely worse. You're gonna be reliant on these actually horrible companies with their shitty customer support.

Not as long as a custom built pc, especially since the case and cooling on that is very subpar, with the CPU constantly being at 90-100 degrees, as well as MSI's bios fuckery and bloatware that's on the PC. There's also a bent SSD from a similar model: youtu.be/TpTrrIsMGXU

Well I just checked out their website and they have a powerspec g439 that looks pretty solid. Apparently all the parts are name brand. So what Im gonna do is go down there tomorrow and ask if they can build something better for a similar price or if I should go with that.

That's why I don't like to pay entended warranty in general, but at this point I'd rather have the extra protection. I'm out almost 700 bucks with this computer that I have no idea what to do with now.

>broken $700 PC.
What parts of it are broken? Can you salvage any of it?
Also your entire argument for a prebuilt is warranty being simple. Surely your warranty was at least a single year yeah?

Do you happen to know anything about this PC?

microcenter.com/product/645170/powerspec-g439-gaming-pc

I'm not sure the guy at geek squad said it looks like the graphics card went to shit and it might be a problem with the motherboard. But he said it's not really gonna be worth fixing as it'll likely cost close to or more than what I paid for it. And it doesn't have any warranty because I brought it on ebay and it's one of those generic builds. I wasn't really happen with that computer anyway to be honest but it still sucks. Do computer shops buy computers that don't work?

Gamer's Nexus ripped MSI a new asshole in their pre-built series. Just sayin'.

I'm backing out of MSI pcs but thanks for the heads up