How can I convince my job to do TDD? My manager argues I should be able to verify correctness by just looking at code

How can I convince my job to do TDD? My manager argues I should be able to verify correctness by just looking at code

Attached: usrs.png (399x400, 119.98K)

Show that it is better.

start messaging your prostate in front of your manager

I was all about TDD until I realized it was a fad.

tdd sucks cock. there are some cases it works. But in modern webdev intergration testing and end to end testing is far important.
every unit test I made was a waste of time.

TDD is only a fad if write stupid tests

Your manager is based, sorry bud

TDD has never once proven to be effective. Unit tests are also not effective. You should however be writing system/integration tests that run on an operational setup

t. Segmentation Fault (Core Dumped)

I do testing and get high coverage (use GTest / GMock), I just don't do the red/green/refactor cycle.

unit test only verify that nothing will change, like a quick save. they seem pointless when you only assert the instance type, but the point is to carve the expected results into stone. when you update dependencies you want to be sure that everything is exactly like it is before and not just have the assumption that everything seems fine.

This.

bump

>TDD
time division duplexing? what? what are you softwarefags on about?

Test driven development

>y manager argues I should be able to verify correctness by just looking at code
Your manager shouldn't be managing programmers.

TDD can't verify correctness either. Use a theorem prover instead.

by finding a new job

would you fly on a plane that hasnt been unit tested?

Yes.

Attached: 5DA9C36B-7EBE-4EA2-A919-FA2E7D97CF7E.jpg (701x797, 206.52K)

>I should be able to verify correctness by just looking at code

He's right. That's the entire point of a CS degree, no?

Attached: 1647393826895.jpg (512x422, 28.52K)