Laptops in Recline

>2012: Year of soldered cpu
>2022: Year of soldered ram
we're just going to let this happen aren't we

Attached: sdsdsde.png (571x863, 123.87K)

I haven't felt the need to upgrade ram in a laptop since 2011, software that isn't games just isn't bloating up at the rate it used to.
Even garbage chromebooks these days come with celeron n4020s, 4GB of ram and 64gb of emmc, it's more than enough for portable use.

It’s soldered because it’s backdoored AMD/Intel have management engine, and any RAM DDR4/4th rendition+ transmit the memory to anything that can receive it (cell towers, modem, Bluetooth, etc)

I intend on using used Thinkpads until the tide turns towards making devices repair friendly. If that never happens, I'm still going to use them anyway because fuck this nonsense.

RAZER/Mona doesn't have this problem

Attached: Untitled (5).png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

ah yes another md5 to filter

just use chromebooks and flash the bios with open firmware so you can use normal operating systems on them.

I can't decide if I should buy a laptop or wait until pc hardware is available again at a normal price and build a pc

YOU are the reason why things gone to shit. Next up are soldered storage

jesus christ. i hate chinks.

You want better technology, but just without compromise? That doesn't really make sense.

Blame JEDEC for not making a standard on socketable LPDDR

As companies embrace Apple's 'soc' model this is going to be unavoidable.... But anyone who does it without an ARM chip or similar is giving a massive fuck you to the consumer. Vote with your dollar, don't buy it.

already happened

laptops are a meme and trying to use them the way you use desktop machines is an exercise in futility.
Just buy a desktop.

>chromebooks
Why would I ever do that? I want a proper SSD and a removable HDD and I want them cheap. I fail to see what on Earth a chromebook would offer me to make such a purchase worthwhile.

>we're just going to let this happen aren't we
Retards rule the market and have no notion of upgrading, because companies told them to change their gadgets every two years and to want thin/light laptops, so manufacturers solder down everything to cater to those retards they created.

Attached: img-2022-03-31-17-40-36.png (480x640, 409.57K)

Attached: good_bait.jpg (587x595, 29.84K)

We are so lucky that M.2 happened. I can't believe it sometimes.

>i want
>i want
>gimmie gimmie gimmie

Fuck off

You know I'm right. Mona laptop is the best laptop you can get right now.

We're consumers user, this whole thread is about what we want.

Guess he shouldn't buy a Chromebook then.

>not wanting anything
take your depression meds, user

maybe buy some tin and a soldering stick if you really want to replace your hardware. theres a lots of videos on youtube on how to fix your laptop for example by louies roostman

Are you some kind of shill? I asked you what a Chromebook would offer me over a used Thinkpad, state your argument already.

What would a used 12 year old thinkpad offer over a chromebook in 2022?

capple and all their niggercattle consoomers need to be lynched

Attached: 1633007874542.jpg (640x600, 71.08K)