I just figured out something really bad

I just figured out something really bad.
Did you know that Android and Windows restrict every device from using IBSS? Neither did I few days ago.

IBSS lets you build arbitrarily big networks where every device works as a router and a client at once.
No strings attached, just devices sending their packets to another device as per routing tables.
Your network could span an entire city and even give them higher coverage.

Now, get this - a router wifi adapter and a PC wifi adapter WORK EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. They are both transmitting and receiving arbitrary data.
Now, which data they can transmit is decided by their drivers.
Which means that any WiFi adapter can work as an AP, or IBSS member, or a normal client - it all depends on the software.

Windows, Android and IOS restricted every driver from enabling IBSS. Didn't stop supporting it - THEY STRIPPED EVERY DRIVER FROM THAT OPTION.
Only Linux and OpenWRT still support it, barely.

>Why did "they" do it?
Because you can't have nice things, and decentralization hurts the jew.
The same exact reason why IPv6 is still nowhere to be used.

I can't cope with this shit.

Attached: ADHOC vs AP.png (1920x1080, 99.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beechat.network/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just hack you Windows shit.
As for android, not sure it makes that much sense if the device moves around. You may move your phone and bring an entire "network" down, seems like the average retard would make a mess out of it. Plus, you can very easily set your android phone as a hotspot, so isn't that the same thing just with a bit more setup annoyance?

Dunning-Kruger hours.

explain
if we could enable ibss on win/android/ios then we could get a [continent/country/region/city]-wide intranet for free, basically?

Even ignoring the privacy concerns that are mostly irrelevant nowadays with ubiquitous encryption, this does not scale nearly as well as you seem to think it does. Every step between you and the real router cuts your speed in half, and it doesn't introduce new load balancing, relying on TCP to do it, which just adds more clogging.

It would get wrecked by ONE malicious node.

> Sending your data through 1000 public user operated nodes before it reaches destination
Terrible idea. This is mostly useful for not having to buy extra routers or repeaters and not much else

Why don't we just replace every centralized server with a blockchain?

>IBSS
Just look into proper mesh networks.

Anything else is mostly useless, especially hacking shit into shit which was never intended to be used for this shit in any serious capacity.

>> Sending your data through 1000 public user operated nodes before it reaches destination
What are you implying? It's pretty much a non-issue with encryption.
Or are you referring to availability. Wasn't that why the internet was designed in the first place, how is the current model not translatable to a smaller network of a few thousand users.

IBSS isn't a mesh, think of it as a WiFi walkie-talkie.

So does your home WiFi just reach the whole country?
Does every home WiFi? Millions of networks all going through millions of devices?
Then you have 20 devices near you, all "connected" to your home WiFi through thousands of jumps, which one do you send your data to? All of them?
Millions of devices connected to millions of networks, sending trillions of requests because you can't be sure the next jump is made correctly by one of the clients?
Sounds awesome and efficient!
Now go back to pre school child

Go read on how networking at the global scale works

>So does your home WiFi just reach the whole country?
no. my wifi reaches my neighbor, and his wifi reaches a further neighbor, and so one
>Does every home [have] WiFi?
irrelevant
>Millions of networks all going through millions of devices?
if a router is a network, then yes, it's already working that way
>Then you have 20 devices near you, all "connected" to your home WiFi through thousands of jumps,
they're not "through thousands of jumps", if they're near then they're directly addressable
>which one do you send your data to?
the same way routing tables work: if know which IP I want to send a packet to, i just check my routing table to know which device can reach which part of the network, assuming a perfect mapping, these 20 devices can reach disjoints sets of devices, so a single device will receive the packet, then it will look into its own routing table to know which device responsible of a smaller subnet to direct the packet, and so one and so forth
>you can't be sure the next jump is made correctly by one of the clients?
so you admit this is a problem of unpredictable dynamic network topology, and thus wouldn't be a problem if none of these devices could physically move
ok

Availability is the biggest issue there, especially if only one route to the target Adress exists. Thousands of single points of failure...
Then you have the problem that there are billions of requests going through some nodes, just because they're at a "convenient location".
Also isn't this how TOR works? Just a lot less reliable?
Anyway this system would be incredibly slow and hugely inefficient

beechat.network/

Attached: apu computer.png (710x842, 279.8K)

decentralization sucks and you know it, If you want to be free just stop using internet and go to a farm

Wifi is terribly for this, it acts as essentially a giant hub, bandwidth will be very low.

>if a router is a network, then yes, it's already working that way
Run a tracert retard, it's 5-20 jumps to anywhere in the world
Jesus

IBSS was meant to be used as a mesh network.
That's why it can work as a mesh network.

walkie talkies were supposed to be peer2peer, while IBSS has proper packet routing already builtin.

I will, later.
I'm just not letting it slide, there has to be a way to make the internet open and great again

picrel is a nice WiFi antenna anyone can do

Attached: 2.4 GHz wifi antenna.jpg (1000x457, 53.58K)

>I'm just not letting it slide, there has to be a way to make the internet open and great again
What are you talking about?
If nobody gives a shit about your random creation, it's a content problem, or a user acquisition problem, or a money problem, not a tech problem.

>npc with a stockholm syndrome