Better than C#

Better than C#
Higher salaries
More libraries
Bigger job market
Better performance
Write once, run anywhere
Leading programming language for 20 years

Tell me, who spams anti-Java threads in here every single day?

Attached: Java_programming_language_logo.svg.png (1200x2195, 115.81K)

Agreed, all should use clojure

>Better than C#
on what metric?

Absolut dogshit when it comes to numerical computing

I'm experimenting with Quarkus now. Holy shit, it's so much better than Spring. Anyone here working in a professional codebase with Quarkus? What has been your experience so far?

That's what FORTRAN is for

Its not 1962 anymore

>Better than C#
In what way? By pure syntax alone I can't see how anyone could prefer Java to modern C#, it's far cleaner
>Higher salaries
Source?
>Better performance
False as far as I'm aware
>Write once, run anywhere
.NET 6 does this

The other points are all related and also somewhat irrelevant - just because it's more widely used doesn't make it better. It's not a meaningful metric to compare

I prefer Vert.x, but Quarkus is a solid choice as well.

I did at my old job. I really have no feedback other than it's really nice and much better than Spring, as you noted.

It's a contrarian website. Just do the opposite of what Any Forums says. Java programmers actually have jobs

>no meme arrows
this feels like a shill thread

clearer to read and easier to maintain because of no bloat features (operator overloads, delegates, namespaces when you already have classes...)

>bloat features
yeah, why have classes or even variables when you have registers?

do not sully me with your (You)s
you are beneath me

Attached: full_us_2022.jpg (1135x460, 84.81K)

>Better than C#
Why though? Honest question here, I can barely tell the difference. C# Seems slightly better since it was created after Java so it gets to fix some of the problems Java was born with.

why would I write Java when I know C++?

>better performance

k lol

>Better than C#
CTRL+W

i guess javascript is better than anything in that case

>Higher salaries
>Bigger job market
These are the only 2 ones that are kind of true, but, it's not by much, and most of those high-paid jobs are maintaining crusty old Java 7 stuff for banks

Comparatively there's 2 kinds of C#:

The old crusty shit that was used at bottom-feeder shops for LoB apps, and the shiny new latest and greatest cloud-docker-webassembly-whatever stuff that's used at cool places (but less so in the US for some reason).

Java stuff by comparison is 100% the former, but can be a grade less shitty.