Why didn't rust replace C/C++?

Why didn't rust replace C/C++?

Attached: 1648628533400.jpg (975x975, 90.04K)

it was too busy "replacing" it's user's dicks.

because almost everything made in rust is a pointless hobby project re-write of a perfectly functioning C/C++ program made by some NEET troon literal who

Nobody in the industry is using it because in reality it's just not needed. People who write C/C++ are clearly (for the most part) managing memory completely fine, considering that code is running 90+% of all the world's electronics and they are functioning perfectly well

And anyone that can't write proper C/C++ isn't getting employed it in the first place, so have no need for a memory safe version of it

I tried learning rust and wanted to like it but it was just so fucking annoying, the process of learning/writing it was just painfully dull. it doesn't flow naturally like C

fake language

because nothing can replace C/++
especially C, its THE language, if you get what im talking about

Only troons use it.

Because the language is not ready yet. Everyone is still using unstable
Because it's still the "I rewrote X in Rust for internet points" meme language
Because there are giant codebases already in C++ and C and rewriting them makes no sense.

It looses 41% of its userbase every year

it is actively replacing it as we speak, in many new and established projects

ignoring your pointless rant aisde
>Nobody in the industry is using it because in reality it's just not needed.
except for AWS and Microsoft (who literally won't use C/C++ for security mission-critical software anymore)? I wouldn't constitute that as nobody...

> LET ME INTERVINE FOR A MOMENT. WHAT YOU CALL CEEPLASPLAS IS ACTUALY CEE SLASH SEEPLASPLAS, OR HOW I RECENTLY BEEN CALLING IT, CEE + PLAS PLAS

Attached: Без названия.jpg (183x275, 14.28K)

Good language coopted by troons, now all development is halted (instead of getting HKT we're getting HRT)

/thread

Any Forums is coopted by troons

yes Rust has good ideas but poor execution. Perhaps for the reasons you mentioned. which is why we can't have anything nice in current year

I followed it since the beginning, it used to have good ideas and good execution, but when they started pushing for CoCs and troons and all that gay stuff, ALL, and I mean ALL, development halted. It was well on pace to have all the good stuff of Haskell with the low level control of C/C++, a modern systems programming language, now it's a half baked imitation of its former self. It transitioned.
I still think it's ok despite everything, but it could've been much better.

>with the low level control of C/C++
That's a meme. C/C++ do not have any low level control. It's all undefined behavior.

When I say C/C++, I mean implementation specific C/C++, which expose the low-level interface to the C/C++ OS.
As long as x86 plays pretend as a bloated C machine, that's how it is.
Rust was supposed to be what people think C/C++ are, but better, so that we could get rid of them.

I actually think the co-opting is intentional.
All the good tech is probably closed off to the private sector.

because the world is more than just THIS or THAT
stop posting until you grow up

sage

Development halted because the language's community culture was hijacked by Reddit, unironically.

they're still working on adding pronouns to their standard library