Code review

>Code review

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166.43K)

it sets random wallpaper from the filesystem

why sed commands not always delete line from /tmp/wallpapers_paths.txt?

#!/usr/bin/env bash

extensions=$(sed -E "/^image/!d; s/^[^ \t]+[ \t]*//g; /^$/d; s/ /\n/g" /etc/mime.types | sed -Ez 's/\n$//; s/\n/\\|/g; s/(.*)/\.*\\.\\(\1\\)\n/')
wall_file="/tmp/wallpapers_paths.txt"
[[ ! -f $wall_file ]] && find / -type f -regex "$extensions" -size +6M -size -30M 2>/dev/null > "$wall_file"

wall=$(shuf "$wall_file" | head -n1)
sed -i "s%^${wall}\$%%" "$wall_file" # swap line with nothing # sometimes works sometimes not????
sed -i '/^$/d' "$wall_file" # delete empty line #TODO: make it one sed command

[[ -z $wall ]] && echo "Image for wallpaper was not found" && exit 2

feh "$wall" "${1:---bg-tile}"

Reviewing is such an effort. Automated code analysis checks are a life saver.

Getting reviewed is a luxury unless you're a brainlet.

>they found out I used thread sleep while waiting for an asynchronous function to finish before continuing

kek

>We're worried the memory overhead from instantiating a map would crash our program in production. Would you make a singleton data transfer class for this instead?

Why did you post a sad wojak? CRs are easy. Just check if the tests passed, linting passed, and if the code is readable. Takes like ten minutes tops if the project is designed correctly.

Where I work, we don't do code reviews. We just pair program everything.

>pair program everything
That sounds like hell.

It's actually great, you learn 5-10x faster than a regular company, and your code quality is 2-3x better. Bad for people who just want to sign up and keep getting a salary without producing anything of value I guess.

You at least have automated checks before merging right?

Obviously, we have a linter, sonar qube, and test suites. We also use tdd so our actual coverage is at around 85-90%.

i’ll make the linked list!

i wish we had this
t. wants to write spaghetti garbage in peace

>code quality is 2-3x better
How do you measure that?
Pair programming is a waste of time and resources in my experience.

It's a gut feeling, I compare it to the code I write alone as a hobby. Every line of code is discussed and thought out more.

>in (you)r experience

>we pay two people to do the same job
clown world

bros I just want cute pair programming tomboy

Tbh it sounds like a way for bad devs to bog a company down by handing off work to yes man autists every "pair programming" session while taking credit after the fact.
Plus pair programming is useless when you have automated tests and CI builds. You're already programming with everyone's shared knowledge if the tests are there and they are sufficient in code coverage, checking time and space complexity, property coverage, and adherence to coding standards.

Sitting in some heavy breathing fatass senior dev's lap with your programming socks and cat ear headset on is unnecessary and dehumanizing. I refuse to believe that pair programming is a beneficial part of any job. We don't have to live this way.

>no tests
>no lints
AAAAHHHHHH