Any devs here making money and drive a nice car? Im not talking about your dorky tesla, I mean like BMW M5...

any devs here making money and drive a nice car? Im not talking about your dorky tesla, I mean like BMW M5, Mercedes S/GT, porsche and up, Does it feel weird that you pull up to work like a Lumbergh when you're still a code monkey but making as much as lumbergh?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 182.16K)

yes i pull up in my rari

Attached: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238[1].jpg (800x450, 27.85K)

I drive an old miata, yes with anime stickers on it

I make a shit-ton of money, own a very old German car which runs perfectly, I have no loans and have tones of cash (not good in this economy) but I'd rather buy real estate than a similar priced car.

My entire team is WFH now. No one cares what you drive.

I spent 50k on my Lexus a few years ago. It's alright.

If I get to do it again I'll get a is500 this time. Toyota cars you can download techstream and give you full guide to repair it.

forgot pic

Attached: a4.jpg (400x288, 20.77K)

I wonder what the implications are for luxury car makers now that everyone is switching to hybrid work. I mean half of that industry is driven by, "Look what I spent a ton of money on."

You can't see a car on a conference call.

I'm very rich but I still drive a old big Volvo wagon from the 90s. Like IKEA's founder. I repair it myself when needed. Pretty based in my opinion and very cheap

Attached: c593f552.jpg (1198x1080, 102.51K)

I wanted to get a MX-5 ND but car prices went bonkers with the coronavirus and I'd rather spend the money buying land.

I drive a BMW 540i from 2003. Not as nice an engine as the m5, but it still has a v8. I like it

I drive a black 2012 Audi R8. Single clutch V8. bought it back in 2019 when prices were stupid cheap. Debating on swapping up to something with the V10, dual clutch, and 2015 or newer so that I actually get a modern looking display. Or I hold out and get a C8 whenever scalpers stop buying them all to resell and prices crash.

The Audi c8 or the corvette c8?

Anyone knows of the Elantra Factor - by buying a 2x as expensive car, you will pay 4x as much for parts and maintenance, 8x as much for deprecation. So your best bet is driving a shitbox and saving serious money.

(T. Audi A8 D2 3.3 V8 TDi enjoyer here)

Corvette C8. I like what they've done with the latest 'Vette and Audi is killing of the R8 line. So, I'm probably selling the R8 later this summer so when the market correction finally happens, I can just buy whichever one I find her best deal on again.

Fwiw, keep your credit okay and you can finance anything. I bought the R8 on a $64k salary before I got into my recent DevOps gig. New to the industry so I'm only at $89k now, however, I'm following a former lead who's recruiting me from here and into a $116k position soon.

Mustang, it doesn't feel wierd but I can see my peers seethe with their prius.

holy shit you will be poor forever

I'm dev and drive 2022 Ford Focus, so probably the newest, nicest and most expensive car in this thread.

Because every programmed drives a flashy car hahahahahahahahah

>BMW M5, Mercedes S/GT, porsche

Attached: 1648025242065.png (427x400, 17.15K)