Why do Indians over complicate their programs?

>Professor gives an assignment to make a "tool" which looks for a couple syntax errors in verilog files and give a presentation on the tool.
>I write a 70 line shell script and it fulfills all the requirements.
>presentation day rolls around
>Pajeet decided to use an obscure python library in the script which converts the verilog code into incomprehensible garbage outputs.
>has to read the output files from conversion to perform the checking.
>Script is about ~300 lines long complete with the most disgusting if statements you've ever seen.
>takes a minute to run while everyone else's took < 1 sec
I don't get it, do they need to shove python or java script into everything?

Attached: good_morning.jpg (1000x1000, 109.21K)

Clojure.

More lines = more better

They lack understanding, but it's not really on them, anyone can be as retarded.

Literally the reason why they're always high in corporate hierarchy. Corporations always value employees by how much code they can shit out of their ass, not by the quality

aww man, I can only shit code out of my mouth

I think that's not because they think it's good, but because they don't know any better. Jeets probably gather all their knowledge from shitty bootcamps. outdated books written by sub 80 IQ retards and code snippets from stackexchange. I don't know which type of codejeet you are talking about, but if you talk about the fresh-out-of-the-boat immigrant type of jeet, then that's probably the case.

It's probably cultural. Japanese employees often work overtime doing almost nothing. The idea of going home once the job is done is horrifying to them: their job is to fill their chair and be loyal to their boss, not to complete tasks.

Obviously, India is very different to Japan, but you also have a non-Western attitude towards work. They probably consider longer code to have more bling-factor. The usefulness of the code takes a backseat to the appearance of being a good worker.

Two reasons:
- They are tryhard, they want to be seen apart from their peers, and with the population density of india, that normally requires extra effort
- They are fucking stupid
A deadly (or should I say, stinky?) combination.

As a whitey who has worked with Indians the past 10 years, this. Cheap labor and over engineering. Cant stand working with them.

I don't think i could work with Indians for 10 years. Not only do they write shit code but they also tend to treat everyone like shit.

Attached: D78FC5B8-5533-46CF-9064-6854DAD6AB17.gif (326x326, 82.58K)

get gud

Attached: image0 (8).jpg (499x472, 22.01K)

lmao, there’s a reason they all use java instead of c

>They probably consider longer code to have more bling-factor. The usefulness of the code takes a backseat to the appearance of being a good worker.
this is 100% the case

fuck it would be hilarious if all Indiands switched to Clojure
I don't think functional prog would save them though

>>They probably consider longer code to have more bling-factor. The usefulness of the code takes a backseat to the appearance of being a good worker.
> this is 100% the case
> (OP)
>It's probably cultural. Japanese employees often work overtime doing almost nothing. The idea of going home once the job is done is horrifying to them: their job is to fill their chair and be loyal to their boss, not to complete tasks.
>Obviously, India is very different to Japan, but you also have a non-Western attitude towards work. They probably consider longer code to have more bling-factor. The usefulness of the code takes a backseat to the appearance of being a good worker.
why the fuck would one ever consider the third option?
seriously, enlighten me.

This is probably it. When an American is ignorant the take a straight path from A to B. So poorly written white code is small, error prone, and simple.

Jeets know they are supposed to be using patterns but don't know the patterns. So they write code that looks like a pattern without any true understanding or competency.

“Small”, “simple”, “error prone”.
Pick two you fucking cunt.

>tryhard
>stupid [ cram everything, understand nothing ]
this

t. jeet

I once flunked out of software engineering. [ long story, might geentext later. ]
anyway,
>1st semester
>programming lab day
>professor asks if anyone of us 60 students has ever done programming in high school
>me, being the stupid autist i am, instantly raise my hand.
>professor, "cool, here's today's program. I'm going out, you'll check everyone's code."
>fuck me, right?
>the class topper was a girl
>wanted to help her friend with the code of the day's C++ problem
>instead of copying the CPP file on a thumb drive,
>you guessed it,
>copied the exe
>mfw I have no face.
thankfully, the professor was changed the next week, and I never had to do it ever again.

the smart, intelligent class topper passed software engineering with flying colors, then went on to earn a management degree from the country's best management college, and then work for the country's best IT company.
I, meanwhile, couldn't bother with chemistry, physics - as a result, could never finish that degree.
wrong kind of autist, i guess. meh, human life is worthless, anyway.

>>Pajeet decided to use an obscure python library in the script which converts the verilog code into incomprehensible garbage outputs.
I'm guessing he used pyverilog to convert it to an AST but then couldn't figure out where to go from there since Python doesn't have great built-in pattern matching.

He was on the right track if the goal was extensibility and overall correctness I'd say. Running a regex over your code is a lot more brittle and error prone than being able to parse it properly. Obviously didn't work out in this instance but still.

>The usefulness of the code takes a backseat to the appearance of being a good worker.
true in any corporate hierarchy. image, visibility and reputation is what gets you promoted, not invisible improvements that merely prevent problems

that's an exaggeration but passing strings or misusing variables instead of strict types is really common when you're just too lazy to refactor

my condolences on your retardation

Hello, pajeet here.

Our education is shit. Teachers want more lines of code in projects, not efficient code.

The result you see is reflective of that

what does "class topper" mean? she was the best in class?

Attached: 1620174452302.jpg (1024x1024, 182.17K)

>>>Pajeet decided to use an obscure python library in the script which converts the verilog code into incomprehensible garbage outputs.
sounds like a forever job to me

>my condolences on your retardation
thanks, man

yes
valedictorian, is it, in the USA?

Efficiency isn't valued in India.