/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous

Attached: g_f973c879c0c2a4b920367f04d30159cc.png (1908x2484, 763.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/playbackRate
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/volume
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/currentTime
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/duration
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/timeupdate_event
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/play_event
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/pause_event
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the best open source media player out there that can play videos like youtube?
So far tried Plyr (liked the interface but quality same like html5).
Also is it a good idea to convert the mkv to mp4 when it's uploaded by users or should I restrict and say "only these formats allowed."

Attached: 5 - UGcYa7v.gif (500x251, 239.7K)

I love noa cunny!

>day one
Wish me luck guys, going to apply for junior dev. job. Goodbye my NEET life!

Attached: Raiden [Genshin impact] (1980x1110).jpg (1980x1110, 413.11K)

Don't remain neet user

Thanks for the motivation!
Going to apply at least 50+ jobs today.

Attached: 1618826603625.jpg (1149x1433, 114.2K)

Should I be using individual classes for everything or being broad and repeating class names but just use selectors for them?

Like if there is a paragraph inside div in a section can I say

.section .hero > p or should i specifically give p a .hero-paragraph class

ive found that I like to use selectors because if I have to use a container I can just write .container and use selectors for it rather than coming up with a new name each time

>non sexualized animu
gay
good

Anyone here run a general web dev business that has good experience with SEO? I'm in the process of starting one with a niche of helping local independent housing contractors better advertise their services online. I'm planning to diversify later, but contractors will be my focus first. I've never had to do SEO because much of my webdev experience has been on personal sites that I never advertised or were sites internal to my home network. Anyone have SEO crash courses or basic SEO advice?

Honestly it's going to largely come to how you convert your videos. It's quite necessary to convert uploaded videos to various formats/sizes to limit the bit rate, as well as have max compatibility with the web. The file extension often means very little because the media can be encoded with a thousand different codecs.

You could as well just use the default element with controls, but with more features you could hide the default controls and then just add buttons that control the video. For example:

Set the playback rate: just add a select drop-down and when selected, set it
video.playbackRate = 0.5;

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/playbackRate

Set the volume: just add an input range slider and when it changes calll
video.volume = Number(event.target.value);

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/volume

Get or seek current time of the video
console.log(video.currentTime);
console.log(video.duration); // 600
video.currentTime = 300; // seek to 5 mins

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/currentTime
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/duration

Listen to changes in the current time so you can update your UI
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/timeupdate_event

Listen when the video has started playing or paused
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/play_event
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLMediaElement/pause_event

>helping local independent housing contractors better advertise their services online.
>I've never had to do SEO
wat

Nakadashi Noa-chan

depends on the context.

for instance .section changes the background color, and .hero too (to a different color) then is better to have a .hero-paragraph class.

>I've never had to do SEO because much of my webdev experience has been on personal sites that I never advertised or were sites internal to my home network.
I've been an infrastructure guy for 9 years.

Why would you start a business helping people with something you have no experience with

Thank you so much for that.
This is my time doing this kind of project and I'm kinda lost in details.
>quite necessary to convert uploaded videos to various formats/sizes to limit the bit rate, as well as have max compatibility with the web.
Yea I thought so but for now I'm going to limit the video format to webm, and mp4.

What part of "I've made websites, they've just never been public facing" do you not understand? I've got 3 years of React experience under my belt working on inventory software for another company, I've made countless internal dashboards with and without frameworks for both my home network and my job, and I'm generally perfectly capable of building sites, including my personal site I used for a portfolio. I also have plenty of experience making them pretty. Do you have anything useful to share or are you just going to continue wasting your time questioning my ability to do this?

Shut the fuck up

when loading images with webpack do I have to import them in the entry javaScript file, or can I just use them in css with the url() function?

Attached: ic.png (850x638, 866.12K)

I see. You're clueless. Got it. I'll look elsewhere.

How do you work in a React webapp. that doesn't have APIs?
I want to pull datas like when and what something is added and compare it to another webapp. written in Angular? Does the frontend even matter like React or Angular when doing web scraping? Also I don't want to get banned from scraping because of some weird time limit or requests limit?
I can do find with js and php.

nvm, it looks like I don't need to include them through the entry file

Attached: responsive.jpg (1248x936, 263.29K)

>drink some coffee in the morning
>shit
>drink some more coffee after an hour
>shit
Guess I'm going to spend most of my time in the shitter today.

> I'm in the process of starting one with a niche of helping local independent housing contractors better advertise their services online.
This sentence clearly implies that you'll be doing more than just building a website for a local business. Not my fault you can't express yourself properly.