Youtube's renderer

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is wrong with Youtube? why is the performance and video quality getting worse and worse? 360p used to look like 1080p on my shitty GPU and now it looks like 144p
Meanwhile on other websites and my local videos it works as good as 2005-2009 youtube.
Same problem with Chrome browser and Windows 10 updates. Every update seems to make my machine run slower.

Attached: youtube-1288016_960_720.png (720x720, 61.33K)

Also I'm not imagining things but Chrome-based browsers renders the pixels shittier than Firefox and Safari. I cannot see the pixels on Chrome and Opera. What the fuck is going on?

Bump

you know what, youre right. as recently as last year i would watch all videos at 480p because my internet at home is god awful and it looked good enough that i didnt need to watch in 1080p. i swear 480p looks like 360p now.

It's weird, I started switching to 1080p from 720p as well for the same reason.
My monitors haven't changed at all before anyone makes the argument that it looks worse because higher res screens.
About the Chrome running worse thing, for some reason on my computer the navigation buttons on youtube and google products in general are a lot less responsive, often lag and glitch out on Chromium based browsers. Works flawlessly on Firefox.

As this generation says "gaslighting" it's confusing the shit out of me and giving me OCD, like moving my PC from the desk by half a centimeter every night.

Look how it handles the pixels from browser to browser.

And it even handles the layout of the website differently.

Attached: compare1.png (1918x468, 50.37K)

And another funny thing is that Google is different from Chrome to Opera.
If you mistype the wrong thing Chrome gives you shit suggestions for related names, meanwhile in Opera and Mozilla it tells you "No results were found for X" and then already searches for the correct nearest result without that shitty "Did you mean" which gives extremely shittier related searches.
And for fucks sake it's the same website unless Chrome redirects you to a different version of Google.

Weirdly enough Opera GX does the same thing as Chrome, but not normal Opera.

Attached: compare4.png (806x692, 166.51K)

I noticed this as well, thought it was just me. I've been watching in 480p for years and have noticed that in the last 6 months or so there's been a noticeable decrease in quality.
I figured they just increased the compression in their algorithm to save space on their servers.

I found an alternative called Odysee. Even Vimeo and Dailymotion work better than Youtube.
Yep it's confirmed, if you want quality videos again you have to crank it up to 8k , I noticed Youtube doesn't even have "original" "source" in the quality settings anymore.
Goodbye Youtube you can go fuck yourself with your compression. I'm not getting a 3090 TI and 10Gbps connection to deal with your retarded bandwidth and compression problems.

bump

It's because all the videos originally uploaded were likely uploaded and then transcoded to AVC. Years later Google decided to transcode them again into VP8/9 and then more recently AV1. Quality is lost each time they transcode them again. Also there's a regression in Firefox 98 (up to the latest Nightly) in which GPU acceleration in Linux doesn't work again. Issue with VA-API decoding in the sandbox. Works if you disable the sandbox but obviously that's not ideal.

>360p used to look like 1080p on my shitty GPU and now it looks like 144p
Your eyes are getting pickier, user

low bitrates

it seriously baffles me that the pajeets and niggers that make webshit renderers and text renderers can sit back at the end of the day thinking they are the forefront of technology, and tha they have made something worth being proud of

fucking video games can get this shit right and thres a hell of a lot more giong on in a video game than just rendering text or flat images. how the fuck can someone get flawless text and video rendering in a fucking video game, off-handedly (there are no dedicated "you do the text rendering" people) while browser devs who have entire fucking departments dedicated to rendering text can't get it right?

fucking HOW

this. also anons should be downloading their favourite videos to preserve quality

Honestly, is it me, or youtube is going down the shitter overall. I mean, the removal of dislikes already seem to have led to a death from surgeons watching a shitty youtube vid on a surgery they needed to make, you can only get like 4 videos that you search for before it shows you random shit, and the quality they show on videos doesn't make it seem like the big buisness google is owns it.

maybe you have been involved in wrongthink, goy.
did you remember to kneel to your local nigger today?

>surgeons watching a shitty youtube vid on a surgery they needed to make
if your surgeon is watching internet videos to figure out what to do then you're already dead to begin with

SPA was a mistake