I want a tech job but don't know where to start

I am stuck in low-wage dead-end jobs. I have a master's degree, but its seemingly in a useless field. I'm anxious all the time about being able to find a good paying job and being able to afford to pay my bills, buy a house, etc. Tech seems like the way to go, but I dont even know where to start. I've heard about people teaching themselves and landing decent paying jobs. I'd like to know how I can get on that kind of path. Are coding bootcamps worth it?

Attached: 1643212254535m.jpg (1024x538, 47.55K)

Learn Clojure. Then get a job.

i will tell you if you make me laugh
whats your masters in?

we're full, you have a master's degree and you can't even figure out how to break into this shitty industry?
first off, skip IT because it's largely a meme (sysadmins will never break over 70k), exception is cybersec but good luck breaking in
second off, grind leetcode. do 50-300 questions depending on how smart you are
third is to get a referral for some FAGMAN job
wow congratulations you are now a chink

criminal justice

it's impossible to get into the tech job field without knowing somebody. so, know somebody

Not him but I'm a literal college student neet taking online classes and don't know fuck all about computers and technology. And I certainly don't have any connections at all. I was just merely interested in learning the basics and I heard compTIA certifications were good for this so I can fix my own computers as needed and maybe get a job in a related field. How would you go about doing this?

OP, anybody that has a good job or industry knowledge wouldn't be wasting time lurking or posting here. thats the best advice i can give you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FAGGOT

so all the people on Any Forums who talk about their 100k+ tech jobs are just larpers?

thanks for the help retard. takes a lot of balls to anonymously call someone a faggot on the internet

by tech field i just meant programming field. i don't know why i said that.

i'm not sure about computer repair, but i think a lot of desperate CS kids who can't get a developer position will flock to other IT fields, and they will probably be preferred candidates because of their degree. so be careful.

i think IT oversaturation is mostly a US and canada thing, btw

My US friend started learning programming for 6 months - 1 year I think. Then did a bootcamp for a couple of months and now works for a big US company earning between $100-200k.

He also had some masters in some liberal arts field or something.

It takes time, dedication and some luck to get the job.

Check out /wdg/ and start with some basic courses. Focus fully on JavaScript and Typescript if your goal is to get a job asap.

Go mow yards unironically unless you're a strong independent disabled black female Muslim trans lesbian

>anybody that has a good job or industry knowledge wouldn't be wasting time lurking or posting her
You have no idea how wrong you are

Move to India.
Start a youtube channel.
Its really not that hard.

>Move to India.
lmao
OP want a solution, not a new problem pajeet

TheOdinProject (replace the react section with scrimbas react course if you have the money), fullstackopen.com to finish up your learning process.
Do the following projects: a platform where the users can create memes from an API and match with other users like tinder, a simple trello clone, and an ecommerce website.
since you probably know enough at this point just google tutorials and copy them, if you dont know something they are doing research it and learn it so you dont get put in the spotlight if someone asks you about your code.

90 IQ police officers have that degree. (usually just bachelors, not masters, but still) I'm not sure what you expected if you weren't going to law school afterward.

You played the credentialism game and lost. Also fuck off we're full.

I’m graduating in may with an MS in mathematics but I barely have any programming experience - I have connections to get referred to one of the FAANG companies but I have no skills besides abstract math bullshit, how do I fill the gaps asap so I can be a decent candidate for a software gig?

learn about variables, contionals, loops, basic I/O (just enough to print on the terminal or take user input),
operations on strings (first element, last element, chat at index n, length, substring between indexes n and m, search for the first occurence of character C, search for the first occurence of substring S, reverse)
operations on lists (nth element, splice (like substring), list length, first/last element, reverse, filter, map, reduce, sum of elements (if list of numbers))
do this both for linked list and arrays
then trees, just how to make them with pointers and structs, traverse them in pre-order, in-order, post-order
then graphs, breadth first search, depth-first search (how do you implement backtracking ?

implement a DFA.
implement shunting-yard algorithm + stack evaluator

make a program that takes as input a tree (a json for example) and output the lists of all paths (path=list of nodes) root to leaf. (for all leaves), using a global stack (and push and pop)

then recursion

You do all this and you're gold, but it's all right if you skip some things

here's a copy pasta of an old post of I made on recursion :
First, recursive functions are the right tool to manipulate recursive data structures (lists can be viewed as
recursive DSC, trees, ..)

Recursive functions are made of a conditional at the top level of the function, at least 1 base case, at least
1 recursive case.
You can have several base cases, several recursive cases, and an arbitrary nesting of the conditionals.

Now, the things to look for (probably incomplete) :
- how many recursive call is there ?
--> one (ex: iterating over a list)
--> multiples :
----> reduction of input :
------> minus 1 (ex: iterating over a list, factorial)
------> divided by 2 (ex: walking over a tree (pre-, in-, post-order traversal)

----> overalapping ? :
------> no (ex: walking over a tree)
------> yes (ex: fibonacci)

- is the recursive call in a tail recursive position ?
(is the recursive call returning directly or do we apply an operation on its result ?)

- is there an accumulator ? can it be refactored using an accumulator ?
=> why ? as to make the function tail recursive and not blow up the stack
-> accumulator adds an extra argument, so generally we use a helper function

- what information does the stack contains ?
- or what information does it encode ? (ex: can be that 1 stack frame encoded for the number 1 in a recursive implentation of the additiion function. can be that the stack corresponds to the path in the tree that is walked over)

mutually recursive functions
-> when multiple functions call each other
I've written a few of them, and I found that, IMO you can sort of think about them as implementing a
DFA/NFA. (a function call coresponds to a state, and the conditionals + the multiple base cases and
recursive cases corresponds to state transitions)
- it is used, among others, in recursive descent parsers, or again to iterate over recursive data structures
which are more complicated than your binary tree (ex: arbitrary nested data structures with nested lists and associative arrays, ASTs, ..)