Remember "The Family Computer" from the 90s-2000s...

Remember "The Family Computer" from the 90s-2000s? Boy that must have been a pain in the ass figuring out who was who when they were collecting information on everyone. Was that what AOL was all about?

Attached: performa.jpg (403x373, 66.05K)

Attached: Nigga_Please.jpg (259x194, 11.06K)

Nah nobody

Attached: dude.png (480x360, 200.35K)

> boy
> was that that

Attached: 1647336742927.png (829x415, 740.52K)

Are you fucking talking shit on the Performa?

Attached: performa.png (243x208, 61.45K)

>when they were collecting information on everyone.
They weren't. They were happy enough with the
>Lol, look how much money we make by pushing 0s and 1s through the wires.
Collecting and selling data came later.

do glowniggers actually think we believe this?
the goal was always mass surveillance while protecting government communications

I want one of those Macs so bad. I wish my boss would’ve let me snag one when we replaced them.

Bullshit, AT&T sold user information going back to the mid 80s. That's public record

I had a mac II collection and damn near had every one from the whole line given to me for free when I was in middle school because they were considered literal trash back then. :( my mom left them out in the rain

Attached: Macintosh_IIci.png (557x293, 220.09K)

User was just way less precise. Ai and big data was way less advanced so all the metadata collected right now were not very useful.
Finally when you where paying internet by the minutes most provider company would offer family subscription with different profiles so that the parents could put limitation on the internet time of their kids. So they had the info on the different users

uh huh

Attached: imb.jpg (700x499, 59.35K)

>was that that

that is nowhere in OP's post, u just can't read

hey i grew up with one of those
macintosh performa 5200

the amount of times i broke it just by trying stuff made my parents mad lots of times, but was worth it to learn about computers

what a great trip down memory lane OP, thanks!

My baby in the later 90s. 486 DX2, 4MB of Ram. Only I used it.
After I was done with it, it was used another 15 years for invoices and stuff in my dad's place. It went out because he went into retirement, not because it was broken.

Attached: Compaq-Presario-CDS-520.jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

Back in the 90s, they didn't have mapreduce, etl, or distributed multi master databases, which is the basis of modern surveillance capitalism. You just had really annoying ads

The government was clueless about the internet back then, it was seen as a non-threat hobby for a bunch of nerds, normies weren't online, it was just losers sharing files and shit.

You zoomies really are clueless fucks that think life has always been the way it is now huh.

This. The US government didn't start tampering with personal use computers until Microsoft let them in with Windows XP. I think that was part of the anti-trust settlement. Anyway, Microsoft were also the first to let the NSA in in 2007.

WELCOME ONE MILLIONTH VISITOR, CLICK THE MONKEY

>CLICK THE MONKEY

Does anybody remember this flash banner ad with a monkey going left and right and it said "hit the monkey and you could win a prize"? Then when you hit it, it would go to this page with a money tree with the monkey standing next to it. You would click these things on the tree (not sure if they were dollar bills or bananas) and the monkey would say things like "Very nice, keep going, Friend. You earned 5$!" in a speech bubble. I closed the page at that point because it got weird, but this experience has since lived in my memory and i haven't been able to find anything of it again on web archive. I wonder if anyone knows what the hell that was about.

He actually clicked the monkey, the madman