/mkg/

Poorfags looking for 75% just buy Nexttime 75.
Current fotm 65% is QK65. Will cost you $200 shipped.
Keychron Q3 in 12 hours for TKL. Keychron Q5 for 96%/full size by the end of april.
No, Ducky, Steelseries, Razer, Corsair, etc. is not good. You are paying for the brand.

>Keyboard recommendation template
pastebin.com/n220xk9V

>Where to buy keyboards
mechmap.tech/themap
keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com
mechgroupbuys.com/keyboards
alexotos.com/keyboard-vendor-list/

Previous:

Attached: 1629623379186.png (1089x736, 727.3K)

so whats the appeal of these expensive keyboards? ive never had any complaints about any office keyboard

The same reason people buy $100 earphones over $10 skullcandys. Better sound and feel with higher quality material used.

If you spend all day at a computer, you might have more exacting tastes for what you need in a keyboard than other people, personally, I can't go back to mushy rubber domes and paper thin ABS caps after being used to a filco with cherry reds and thick PBT caps for so long.

how easy is it to customize their inner workings? do i have to spend a lot more to change which key event gets sent per key on the hardware level?

If you buy an inexpensive prebuilt, your options are more limited, but it's good value for your money if you just want a keyboard.

Customizable ones are generally kits you buy and assemble yourself, modern ones use hotswap sockets so you don't have to solder anything because people like to swap switches all the time, I don't do this personally, this is where mechanical keyboards become a literal meme.

>this is where mechanical keyboards become a literal meme.
how so?

What are some other good site for epbt keycaps. Kbdfans have a good selection but their shipping is like 40 bucks to US.

is dactyl user here? been wanting a manuform for a while now but idk the best way to build or buy one

I forgot to add, higher priced kits have customizable firmware so you can map layers or rebind arbitrary keys to whatever you want at the hardware level.

I say meme because you have people that have gone well beyond any actual need for a new keyboard and compulsively get excited for new products and fill entire walls full of fully kitted out 60% keyboards with boutique colored switches and low production run keycap sets you have to wait 2 years to receive after ordering (called a group buy).

Attached: keeb meetup.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

Proper keyboards come with support for QMK which is open source firmware where you can make any key output anything you wish, pretty much.

hey user, this hobby is pretty fun so i can see why people would get more keyboards just to have more fun building keyboards

Recoomend me some cool split keyboards.
I'm thinking about the moonlander because it fits thematically with my build.

Attached: 1644790129049.jpg (600x549, 33.69K)

>people that have gone well beyond any actual need for a new keyboard and compulsively get excited for new products and fill entire walls full of fully kitted out 60% keyboards with boutique colored switches and low production run keycap sets you have to wait 2 years to receive after ordering
I agree that that's a meme, but I don't think hotswap boards are meme tier

dactyl manuform

Yea. If you don't want to build one yourself I could do it for you. Building it yourself would be cheaper of course. Using PCBs like I do makes that build process easier & saves a lot of time compared to hand wiring.

Attached: ksctgs.jpg (2790x1384, 1.05M)

Ive heard shoddy things about the hinged on the moonlander, Id choose the ergodox, or even the dactyl manuform if you wanna build it

>delay
>godspeed
>gyro
>orbit
dactls are literally the fedora of mechanical keyboards

That's just how the godspeed keycap set is. I'd say get dev/titty if you want a more normal set but drop axed the ergo kit.

Attached: IMG_20210523_173359.jpg (2842x1426, 1.19M)

>""""ergonomic"""" keyboard
>still has qwerty

colemak dh iris chad reporting

bastardkb has good dactyl kits. Im gonna pick one up in a year and try it out

>he doesn't directly transmit signals from his brain to his pc
Intant RSI, better luck next time

The physical layout of the keys matters a lot more than the arrangement imo. Maybe if I can be assed to I'll learn colemak dhm but that's not today.

that would be nice, how much do you charge