What happened to the Windows XP source code leak? Did anyone make anything cool with it?

What happened to the Windows XP source code leak? Did anyone make anything cool with it?

Attached: DevilsownatMS.jpg (500x375, 111.9K)

Absolutely nothing.

i wana port sspipes3d to java!

Any Forums couldn't figure out its obtuse build system

Any Forums got it building in the first week you donut

Attached: first build.png (804x752, 80.28K)

Practically nothing. ReactOS can't use it or they'll get shoah'd.

Neat but now why don't we have Windows XP x64 Any Forums Edition with some modern features and newer API calls added for compatibility with modern programs?

Because why would anyone want that?
>i want that
Ok so program it yourself.
Yeah thought so.

People were starting to look into AMD64 and other things, replaced some binary-only x86 things that were included in the src with reverse-engineered versions, but of course imageboards are awful for trying to coordinate things and eventually the novelty wore off

ReactOS devs - the only people who could reasonably do something cool with this - throw a bitchfit whenever an MS code leak happens and people speculate on what they can do with it. While they're giant autists over it and have nuked entire releases over suspected source copying, there's no way anyone could do anything with it without MS suing your ass

>Windows XP x64
Why? I wish I never had windows xp in the first place.

it wasn't SP3, so it was legacy and outdated, unfortunately.

The Chinese government could do

Hello zoomzoom nigger, bet you love wangblows all over your face 10, too.

Where would one get his hands on the source code anyways?

the deep web

Okay so what's the pitch for using this?

Like, I heard that Windows 2000 got partially reverse engineered, and that blew my mind.

Who cares? Who would use the end product? Anybody who cares about this is just using XP with last updates and that's it.

>ReactOS can't use it or they'll get shoah'd
Not anymore now that M$ no longer does business with Russia because of sanctions and the Russian government legalizing copyright/patent theft. Pajeetsoft can't do jack shit now.

why bother
legacy mess

There's a few "open source" XP builds if you know where to look. 32 bit operating systems are dead now so it's entirely pointless. The amount of bsd code used confirmed a lot of suspicions. Wine went from being horseshit to running just about everything. Steam has proton.

Yeah proton was born. There's a reason you need to run proton as 32 bit kek...