Is there a specific tool brand you swear by...

is there a specific tool brand you swear by? I feel like theres a lot of stereotypes people regurgitate that arent necessarily true. Like the whole "ryobi is good for hobbyists but not professionals" I feel like ryobi is as good as milwaukee, but people just repeat what they hear.

Attached: 61o5YwTzFkL._AC_SX679_.jpg (679x595, 49.06K)

It doesn't matter one bit, just make sure not to buy multiple brands because the battery system ecosystems are not interchangable.

Bosch

i just use the default one

Just the torque provision and throttle response of ryobi drills is enough to put me off them, not to mention the general cheapness of the housing. You can abuse the shit out of milwaukee kit in comparison.

husky hasn't failed me yet

I bought this harbor freight bauer hammer drill before going to walmart and seeing more reputable brands for roughly the same price, battery included.
Did i fuck up?

Attached: 2c22bdd3e8c7c0b092c6f421ac3bdcb2.png (264x410, 66.23K)

Milwaukee

Yes, that drill is probably going to break within minutes of you using it. Not joking.

It absolutely does matter. I don’t know about drills specifically, but I assume it Carries over to most tools. For example, compare the experience of using a Hilti jackhammer to a Makita one. It’s night and day.

Although I will say expensive isn’t always necessarily better. The expensive shovels at hardware stores fucking suck (they’re super heavy). Usually the cheaper one is sturdy enough but also light so that you’re not killing yourself with a heavy ass tool

To answer, Milwaukee Makita and Dewalt are good middle of the line. Hilti is higher tier professional level stuff. Harbor freight is cheap AF BS but sometimes that’s all you need.

As you said, use case is important. If you only ever use it for hanging a couple frames the cheapo ikea drill is probably good enough.

Milwaukee is very good.
I also highly recommend Rigid. Extremely hardy and reliable.
Don't get Black & Decker and avoid Ryobi if possible.

Harbor freight stuff doesn't break so long as you don't buy the cheapest available option.
That would be Pittsburgh (non-pro)

Not really but Avid Power stuff from Amazon has been good to me so if I want some cheap tool I'm not sure I'll use more than once I get that brand.

Harbor freight will at least replace stuff that breaks even like 2 years later. They're really good about that.

This is also true. And also I'd agree with the quote off the OP that Ryobi is generally speaking OK for a hobbyist or light user but not for heavy or professional use.
If you walk into a Lowes or Home Depot you can literally just compare their tools side by side and see the difference.
IMO if you're having doubts spend a little bit extra money and you'll be happier with what you got, and it will probably last you longer.

yep

*Blue* Bosch.

Green Bosch is Black & Decker tier

Ryobi is all that a homeowner needs. Anything more is just consoomerism. But if you're using the tool more than once per month, get dewalt/makita/milwaukee.

>because the battery system ecosystems are not interchangable.
That's what the jews want you to think

Attached: Badaptor-Milwaukee-pic-2.jpg (1000x1000, 273.39K)

Ryobi is fine for professional use. Of course, nothing's going last if you abuse your tools.