BSc in CS

>BSc in CS
>any job I want
>$300k starting

FAGMAN pays 200-250k to new grads (well, FAANG actually, Microsoft pays like ass, but it's less funny then), and high frequency trading companies like Jane Street can break 400k (although admittedly, it's harder to get in there). Getting to about 500k within a few years is now something doable in like 6 years for anyone who can get into big tech. Even other countries like Canada aren't that far behind (like 30% lower).
Until a few years ago, I thought you had to be a successful company founder, or maybe a VP to make that kind of money, but it turns out you can just be a slightly more skilled code monkey. Insane.

Attached: mathphd.jpg (640x427, 45.14K)

>BSc in Statistics
>Unemployable
>harder than CS
Why did I do this to myself

Attached: 1326-74796.jpg (320x181, 14.25K)

I thought 300k was an in joke but as it turns out, it isn't. Damn we ballin

>Not making $1M+ straight out of college
ngmi

>DUDE JUST STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE AND LEARN ALL KNOWN ALGORITHMS IN EXISTENCE AND ALL DATA STRUCTURES REGARDLESS OF HOW OBSCURE THEY ARE JUST LEARN CALCULUS I II III IIII AND LINEAR ALGEBRA I II III AND ALL OF STATISTICS AND TOPOLOGY AND ABSTRACT ALGEBRA AND NUMBER THEORY AND CRYPTOGRAPHY AND DYNAMIC SYSTEMS AND ALL OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUES PROGRAMMING PARADIGMS CONCURRENT PROGRAMMING DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING THEORY OF COMPUTATION COMPILERS OPERATING SYSTEMS THEN GRAPHS GRAPHICS AND GRAPHIXXX ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE .NET CORE POSTGRES SQLSERVER MYSQL SQLTHIS SQLTHAT MONGODB NOSQL(HAHA) SPRING BOOT ANGULAR REACT VUE NEST.JS NODE.JS NIGGERS.JS JSP JAVASCRIPT ES5 ES6 ES7 C C++ C# F# D HASKELL SCALA ADA ELIXIR RUBY AND RUBY ON RAILS CLOJURE JAVA 7 JAVA 11 GO RUST BASH PYTHON THEN INTERN AT FAGMAN IT'S EASY JUST DO ALL THAT WHILE WORKING TWO SHIFTS AT MCDONALDS BEUCASE YOUR PARENTS KICKED YOU OUT OF THE HOUSE AT 18 AFTER THAT YOU CAN JUST WAGESLAVE FOR 55 YEARS IN THE CODE MINES DEALING WITH OFFICE POLITICS AND BEING FED PROGRESSIVE PROPAGANDA AND THEN INVEST ALL THE PENNIES YOU EARN JUST SO YOU HAVE A SLIGHT CHANCE AT FINALLY BEING AT PEACE WITH YOURSELF IF YOU INVEST PERFECTLY THAT IS AND DON'T GET CAUGHT IN RUGPULL AFTER RUGPULL HAHA BRO IF YOUR PARENTS COULD BUY A HOUSE AT 25 SO CAN YOU AT 75! JUST PERSEVERE BRO LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1634708218344.png (379x397, 126.34K)

Only works if you're in California where everything costs more anyway.

Nice meme.
t CS degree seeker in the state of bumfuck Mississippi

mate i dropped out second year in computer science and still got a starting remote job for 150k. shit is so cash

I'm in Canada and I'm getting 400-450k CAD, i.e. 320-350k USD (depending on whether you're counting higher first year and refreshers or refreshers). You can do full remote in US for more than that at many top companies.

You just need to do leetcode and study system design. Nobody cares about specific technologies or anything like that, besides the shittiest companies that pay a fourth of the market rate.

become a data analyst. learn python and matplot and R

No job making over 200k is legitimate. You could hire someone for 100k to do your job for you, and pocket 100k.

So what do you actually do? Hard to believe you can get that writing code.

or just dont be a pathetic programmer

do this

if you live in san fran 200k is barely enough for rent

Do this don't be a retard twice
You are better than any CS grad in machine learning/data mining/data analyst

I'm at senior level so it involves more architecture designing, talking to other teams/stakeholders, mentoring, etc., than it did on lower levels, and coding is like 30% of my time, but it's kind of the natural progression.

Either data science/machine learning engineering, or some other jobs with "scientist" in name (e.g. applied scientist, research scientist), or just pivot to pure programming anyway.

Not living there, but as far as I know, rent would be like 50k a year, still plenty to spare.

Machine learning is restricted almost entirely to Math degrees due to needing to have a thorough ability to reason in Vector Calculus and Linear Algebra.

I only make 80$/hour but the job is so fun and chill that I don't want another higher paying job.

>still plenty to spare.
your tax eats like 90k+ of your 200k salary in california. then rent is a fuckload and cost of living is high. and you have to share super crowded cities with basedboys and retarded homeless junkies. and the chinese and fillipino ghettos where the road signs arent even in english