Thoughts on the Librem 14 and Purism?

Thoughts on the Librem 14 and Purism?

>Ultra-portable workstation laptop that was designed chip-by-chip, line-by-line, to respect your rights to privacy, security, and freedom
>i7 10th gen with 6c/12t, DDR4 memory
>comes with coreboot out of the box, intel management engine disabled
>comes with FSF-endorsed debian-based GNU/Linux distro
>preconfigured disk encryption and secure boot using an external hardware key
>hardware camera and antenna switches

Looks pretty sleek I'm thinking of getting one, anyone have one? Is it a honeypot? If what they claim is true it seems to be the best consumer laptop with modern specs

Attached: 1632439075867.png (1920x800, 521.8K)

Overpriced shit
Also cheap plastic keyboard

Honestly I wouldn't buy it. Alder Lake has been a revolution in the x86 CPU industry and I wouldn't really buy anything without it or an equivalent (which AMD doesn't have yet). There's no point in buying 10th-11th gen powered laptops anymore.

is it such a drastic increase in performance? i assume they won't have coreboot/libreboot support for the foreseeable future, which I honestly prefer having over a performance increase

It's mainly to do with the power & efficiency cores thing they've been going crazy over. It's going to be especially useful in laptops since you can save battery life by using the less power-hungry cores for basic tasks and only using the more powerful ones for more intensive applications.

bunch of pretentious nerds that think theyre the open source apple. id rather give my money to a crackhead

>Purism
Basically a scam

They're hardware looks okay but is expensive. I've never pulled the trigger on a Purism product because I cannot find a single fucking instance of somebody actually using one and vouching for it.
Hard to find pictures of these things that aren't renders.

>id rather give my money to a crackhead
send me money or i don't believe you.

>10th gen Intel
>paying a premium for 300+ performance killing vulnerabilities baked Into your CPU because hurrrrrrr Intel management engine

whats a better alternative?

looks nice. If it gets a 12th gen intel i7 I might get it.

literally any modern amd laptop

kys retard
amd processors don't work at all without proprietary blobs
it's nice since it runs linux-libre with modern specs, I've heard of some quality and shipping issues though

literally who cares dude. it affects you and everyone else in no way. you are going to taken a 2 gen old Intel with probably 1/2 its performance gone because you can coreboot it? stop obsessing. nobody is watching you via kernel blobs

Their* learn to fucking spell nigger

They can't, they're literally schizophrenic. I use Windows 11 with telemetry cranked to high. Been using Windows like this since 10 came out. Unless you're a pedophile, you have nothing to worry about. Literally.

>nobody is watching you via kernel blobs
>Literally.
+10 social credit score!

Attached: security is for pedophiles.jpg (960x639, 146.38K)

>OY VEY
>you vill NOT run free firmware goy

I hope your government doesn't record all traffic and an authoritarian doesn't come to power and send you to gulag based on some small thing you commented on 10 years ago.
No one ever goes through old tweets to cancel them.
That shit is schitzo.

"You’ll Need Nukes to Beat Gov’t"
-Joe Biden
>Ukraine v Russia

Attached: rightss.jpg (720x531, 52.44K)