Are VPNs must have or a meme?

discuss.

Attached: vpn.jpg (1373x1360, 75.27K)

I dunno. I don’t understand technology. I’m probably gonna get ProtonVPN, I heard it was like top 2

VPS are better

>must have
>or a meme

Attached: 1648398129458.png (408x450, 38.46K)

Depends on your threat model

I have used it for a while but I am not sure if I am wasting money on it. Home user, ubuntu and occasional film piracy.

ProtonVPN is shit for torrenting, there's no port forwarding support

>rangebanned

This

This

This

samefag

If you live somewhere with strong copyright protection like Germany or parts of USA you need one for torrenting. Otherwise you might as well pay your local bums to fight each other for the money.

>10 posters
sure tranny sure

I'm from Russia and VPN/Shadowsocks is only option to access some sites like rutracker, Instagram, Twitter and others. Eventually it would be the only options to access Internet.

pretty pointless, unless you're getting a cease and desist from pirating shit or you're trying to circumvent region locks there's zero point if you have https forced

Useful for torrenting if your ISP frowns upon it
Or for protecting your IP from strangers (ex. P2p connections or connecting to someone's private server)
Aside from that they're a bit of a meme.

This

Thanks, new system and was up to the point of setting one up but think im not gonna bother with it from what I am reading.

No, VPN's require you to use a trustworthy server and most sell your data anyway. Tor is the only serious option.

Attached: tor-logo-1.png (2100x1272, 140.21K)

vpns? what year is this thread from, 2010?

>can't torrent with it