I’m gonna be replacing windows 10 with Linux mint for a month

I’m gonna be replacing windows 10 with Linux mint for a month
What am I in for?

Attached: 9B8245AB-8685-4CF5-924C-6D435804697A.jpg (1280x720, 115.3K)

Depends on your expectations and motivation. Why are you replacing it?

Install Guix instead.

Attached: install_guix.png (1200x400, 197.73K)

installing windows again after you realize how much it sucks

I’m getting a new pc this year and wanted to put some time in to really learn Linux so I know what I’m talking about

As long as you don't need to do any media production, you should be good to go.

Basically its just a pc
Updates are shit fast and easy as piss they dont lock your entire computer and take hours on hdds
You cant play all of your vidya
Some hardware doesnt or is a pain in the ass to work not all
Laptops can be buggy

If your pc is relatively new / has more than 4 intel cores or 6 pre ryzen amd cores try lmde5 as it uses more up to date software for now until mint 21

oh my god shut the fuck up about this ubuntu lts already holy fuck

If you're happy with Windows, you can play around a bit, but you won't like Mint better.
If you notice that some of Windows's annoyances don't exist in Mint, you might end up staying longer than a month.
The more you're used to Windows, the harder it will be for you to adapt to Linux as your experience will work against you.

gui X

Attached: guix.png (1200x1360, 303.33K)

Calm down pajeet

linuxmint is the best chice for a newcomer. it works great. non native games could be a big headache though, although proton is getting better and better

also upgrades (not updates) could be painful, make sure to always backup everything before you do an OS upgrade

>iNigger
still being spied on 24/7 by One Infinite Loo

Attached: 1639584230288.jpg (1009x1317, 619.65K)

95% of shit will work fine. One small thing won't and it should and it will eventually drive you back. Mine was my duplex scanner could not duplex even though it had a Linux driver that supported it.

bot post

updates won't break your machine anymore
no need to fight against the operating system anymore
wine takes some time to learn but it's 10 times more pleasant to 'fight' against than Windows 10

In my experience the best way to experience Linux was to install it on a separate machine, best option a Thinkpad, and to tinker with Linux while you're still able to live your normal Windows experience.
There will be a moment where you'll be overwhelmed by the Linux experience and it will be beneficial to come back to your "normal" machine to get stuff done. You'll feel the urge coming back to work on Linux again and it's super comfy if your thinkpad will be waiting for you in that moment.
The longer you use Linux, the more you'll lose the drive to continue working on your windows machine. And if not, you weren't made for the Linux experience after all.

install KDE

My best advice I could ever give, don't try to replace your current knowledge, try to extend it.

Don't replace windows for linux, hell I've been on linux bout 20y, still use windows. And seriously thinking about buying an arm mac

t. windows loser who never even installed Linux

I did this too while I waited for the new (at the time) ltsc to drop. I'm now on the new ltsc but I liked using mint. I liked cinnamon, firefox (it felt faster on mint), appimages, bash and just the whole package.

Nvidia? Pain.
AMD? Ease.
Intel? Blowjobs.

anything other than debian, arch or gentoo with KDE is insane