Endeavourfag here, what am I in for? How often do packages and kernels update? How often does Fedora have breakage...

Endeavourfag here, what am I in for? How often do packages and kernels update? How often does Fedora have breakage? Does Fedora have an LTS kernel much like how Arch does? How good are the Fedora Spins? Would like to use the Mate spin. Not concerned about drivers since I use an AMD gpu nor concerned about software since I don't run niche software and I can always use flatpak or compile from source.

Attached: 65894637396.jpg (1280x720, 61.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19292/intel-gna-scoring-accelerator-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-and-windows-11-for-intel-nuc-products.html?wapkw=GNA Scoring Accelerator Driver
spins.fedoraproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a couple package updates every few days. I UPDOOT as soon as possible and have for years, never had a problem. Fedora is very stable

Imagine using any RPM garbage distro. I literally can't.

intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19292/intel-gna-scoring-accelerator-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-and-windows-11-for-intel-nuc-products.html?wapkw=GNA Scoring Accelerator Driver

The Xfce and MATE spins are good, KDE is meh and Cinnamon is shit

>gay nigger association scoring
what did they mean by this

If you care about updated packages, stick to Arch, not because Fedora does not update, on the contrary, but we don't want the Arch toxicity to spread.

Beta testing for free

Attached: gnew geeks.jpg (900x900, 228.29K)

just fucking don't.

I wasted hours today just to try gnome 42.

just fucking stop.

>wasted hours
>to test a simple GUI

I have zero intention to use Gnome and even so, I wouldn't be in such a rush to use it

I've been using Arch-based distros for 2+ years now so I'm used to it

Moreso just trying something new to not get too comfortable

I like the LXDE spin of Fedora. GNOME is off-putting

>Does Fedora have an LTS kernel much like how Arch does?
No.
You have to get an unofficial kernel. And then tell your grub to make it default.
I've locked onto 5.10. it works well with my nvidiot drivers. No issues in the past 6 months I've been running it.

Dont even waste your time with Fedora, despite what zealots will tell you its a literal testing distro for RHEL.

Linux itself are testing grounds for all the big corporations. They will take over Linux in just a few years lol

>hasn't heard of fedora spins
>blames the distro for the de
ngmi

kernel usually comes out a few days after the official release. Been using it for years, upgrading versions and updating packages, no major issues so far, just regular bugs you'd find elsewhere.
Fedora is a stable distro not bleeding edge like endeavour. But it does have the newest packages when a version comes out

Attached: 1648185793522.png (3840x2160, 1.49M)

Never understand how the main argument for using this distro is that they don't modify gnome

That is not the main argument of Fedora, don't know where you read it. Their main argument is being the first to adopt bleeding-edge open source software and making it stable as possible. This is why it is deemed as a testing distro for RHEL (which it is), but then what are the other distros about if not testing? Also is bot about just packages, but platforms as a whole, and Silverblue is the proof.

They don't modify any desktop environment besides adding the logo.
>spins.fedoraproject.org/
The reason is they want to distribute FOSS as it is from their devs, and it has to be truly FOSS in orders to be installed or available in their repos, Fedora does not modify the software, they just bundle it together, test it and make it available.

I don't know, there must be something wrong with Fedora because when I tried it with the GNOME 40 release it was laggy and stuttering, while Arch + GNOME 40 on the same machine was running buttery smooth.

Probably firmware or driver related at that time. Happened to me when I bought my laptop with ryzen 2500u, at first there was no kernel support, after a year of using Windows I could finally use Linux distros and Fedora was lagging, it got solved a couple of versions later, but it was because of firmware not included until there were open source versions of it.

>How often do packages and kernels update?
quite often, Fedora is pretty cutting edge
>Does Fedora have an LTS kernel much like how Arch does?
no
>How good are the Fedora Spins?
they are fine, nothing special