How do you remove the AMD Platform Security Processor?

How do you remove the AMD Platform Security Processor?

Attached: AMD1.jpg (1344x742, 144.38K)

Can you?

You need precision equipment to remove it off the chip

>be be
>install 10 LTSC on Ryzen machine
>immediately disable all updates and driver searches etc
>looking in device manager
>there's an unrecognized device in the processor tab underneath all my cpu cores
>copy and paste device info into google
>it's AMD PSP

Did I own the CIA?

>using Windows
>Did I own the CIA?
lolno

snip off the first row of pins on the bottom of the chip and voila

Attached: 1643239636962.png (1324x1696, 1.42M)

If you're on a reasonably recent (most Zen or newer, not sure about mobos) there's a microcode update that will allow you to disable it in bios/uefi. Basically AMD is doing this for the fuck of it given that ever since they saw how massively fucked Intel got with the SA-00086 and 112 vulnerabilities for the Intel ME, they just started letting people disable the thing.

>they just started letting people disable the thing
How do you trust them and/or know it's actually 100% disabled?

you don't

still better than intelaviv

You don't. It's kinda required to operate the processor.

>It's kinda required
Why?

so the glowies can spy on you

It releases the processor from reset. Remove it, and you have a dead CPU. You could probably come up with your own reset sequence, but that's beyond most of Any Forums to even conceive of, much less construct.
Just do as says: disable the (((security))) features the PSP provides.

If you're that worried, then your time would be better spent studying computer networking and monitoring the stuff your computer sends. I'm sure someone would have discovered something by now, though.

buy an intel cpu

it simply wont run, its a requirement baked into your hardware. on intel cpu's you can disable it like the NSA does at least, though itll still briefly run on boot and you cant mess with the ime firmware really at all anymore. there have been some efforts to reversing amds psp crap but it never really goes anywhere

>You could probably come up with your own reset sequence, but that's beyond most of Any Forums to even conceive of, much less construct
Yup, it performs some critical functions like memory training. You're gonna have to reimplement that on your own if you manage to get rid of the PSP.

it also handles weird shit on a lot of modern laptops, even soft disabling it will make your fan speeds ramp up to 100% constantly, ive not had issues really with pc boards though

oops i meant ime obviously not psp, nigger fart

You sell it and buy a raspberry PI

>checks pinout
clever man...

Attached: 1632183158554.jpg (568x687, 101.08K)

you cant. use pre-2013 AMD hardware.