How do you remove the Intel Management Engine?

How do you remove the Intel Management Engine?

Attached: Intel-logo-HQ.jpg (1820x1024, 73.6K)

Smash it with a hammer.

just unplug the ethernet cable, it's pointless to believe the NSA has backdoors in IME but not in a DMA'd network adapter and the CPU

amazingly. that is a little computer

nxt to your computer
running minix
all the time
and nobody reaslly knows what it does, rite

isnt that sort of ..
NOBODY KNOWS. WHAT IT DOES. OR WHY IT IS THERE. a little computer.

It does in fact have direct below-kernel-level access to both ethernet and wifi.

edit a obfuscated bios update to blob it out. download a hex editor to get started. good luck

This soft disables it, right? Can you really trust it's 100% killed?
Can it not be removed 100% all together?

ENTER

Attached: FX-Posting (5).png (1920x1920, 2.51M)

Soldering iron to remove the chip. Board will probably not post but you got rid of it.

Look, here's what I know. Somewhere on your motherboard is a tiny ass fucking chip that stores the code. It's obfuscated code. You can dump it and reflash it with a clamp. I think me_cleaner edits certain chunks of bytes to null them by editing bios files which you can then flash in your uefi. Every hardware manufacturer has a ME remover for the cia glowies, but none have ever been leaked. Intel ME also handles all sorts of shit which is useful, like all that intel speedy boost shit in your uefi. If you take a shot in the dark and start editing individual bytes and flash your ME, you'll probably brick your hardware, so you should dump what's on it first and be able to reflash it with a clamp. Use intelmetool to see what's what.

If I were you, I'd just get a librebooted thinkpad, wait for some linux hardware guys to have libreboot, or wait for riscv. Open firmware is a ways out from today and nobody gives a fuck about you anyways, so enjoy your x86 speed on new hardware and wait for something to happen.

Intel ME did nothing wrong.

me_cleaner

Wtf did I read?

remove the incel CPU

AMD has PSP too

Why did you start such a low-effort thread?

But why? It runs TOO HOT.

Do your fucking research before posting, you dumb Dunning-Kruger retard.

>How do you remove the Intel Management Engine?

Literally nuke India.

Tech started to go insane when pajeets became middle management a decade ago.

By not being stupid enough to have Intel processors.

Seems you beat me to it.