Top 1% of earners in the US make above 800k a year

>top 1% of earners in the US make above 800k a year
>most tech jobs cap out at 200k
Did we pick the wrong career bros? How am I supposed to survive on this salary?

Attached: 1641608530009.jpg (406x680, 48.08K)

To be a top earner you can't be the employee you have to be the one paying the employee. Or a partner somewhere.

>>top 1% of earners in the US make above 800k a year
They also don't work, they are figure heads.

you don't need 6 figures unless you live in a liberal rat nest

not unless you have connections you could have used to get into finance.

Why you need 800k for?

To lose my virginity

No one cares about your politics

If I can survive on under 50k, you can too.

politics care about you

i clear like $330K in NYC, just git gud

You will never be in the top 1% if you weren’t born wealthy. The only possible way is to engineer or invent a product that would change the market/world. And I’m pretty confident no one has that potential in this hellscape of a board.

Yeah, yeah you did. Greatest lie ever told on Any Forums was to go into CS, engineering, or physics. There's okay money in these fields, enough for a relatively modest living above the poverty line but you will never be filthy rich. The only way you even get close is to become a lead engineer/project manager in which case enjoy the ass-tonne of responsibility on your shoulders and enjoy working 15+ hour days 6 days a week. I'm sure the 150-200k you're earning for doing all that is totally worth it.

If you want 800k or more you need to go into finance. Day trader, broker, hedge fund manager, whatever. You don't do any real work, algorithms do your job, you probably just sit in meetings all day and circle jerk about how much money you're making. That's the real ticket to wealth and really the only one. Doctors and lawyers, on average won't do that well and tech professionals won't even get to the level of pay doctors and lawyers get let alone brokers and others in finance.
Also bear in mind with fiance you really only need to do boiler room tier work for a few years until you build a good pool of initial capital. Once you have a lot of money it's really easy to keep making more money just by investing it properly, having a diversified portfolio and hedging, not investing in meme stocks, that's how you lose money. Anyone once you've invested your first 10-20 million the money printer will run on autopilot for the rest of your life and you can kick back and basically retire.

I'm sorry you fell for the tech lie. Many of us did. I'm an engineer making 70k. Turns out it's not all it's cracked up to be.

How the fuck are you making 70k?

They say that because Any Forums us full of autists and they're assuming they're talking to other autists.
If you're an autist you go for tech. But now finance is for autists too, but you need to be a genius for that.

Facts don't care about your feelings

for my transitioning

Ywnbaw

You shouldn't be expected to get a millionaires salary on a wageslave job retard

>most tech jobs cap out at 200k
>gets a nice it job that offers remote
>move to europe on a decent country that actually has a working public transportation system aka all of them
>move to a small town outside of the big cities
>gets to pay sub 400 euros rent
>cost of living is super low
>???
>profit

EE. I'm relatively new to the job and wasn't hired for a senior or management role so that's why I'm not making 6 figures right out of the gate.