What is the final solution to the pirate question ?

what is the final solution to the pirate question ?

Attached: IMG_20220325_030127_863.jpg (720x476, 40.02K)

If everything is free nobody can pirate.

Then why can I pirate Fortnite?

Attached: Screenshot_20220324-221116_Firefox.jpg (720x1239, 403.18K)

Torrents aren't necessarily piracy. Many Linux distributions have torrents to help cut down down on server expenses.

This is on the PIRATE bay though, and it is an unauthorized redistribution of software whose EULA doesn't allow redistribution.

Making it worth while to buy the software/video.
Gabe Newell said it best.
Having to stare at unskippable shit, activate, keep connected to the internet, etc. You're being effectively punished for buying

>software whose EULA doesn't allow redistribution
Then it's not really free (as in freedom), is it?

No, it's free as in beer.

Came here to say this. Nothing put a dent into video game piracy like Steam did.
I stopped pirating video games because Steam made it easier to just buy them, and also priced the games in such a way (during sales) to make up for the lack of a physical copy.

Other forms of media should try to do the same. But I think they are lying about how much piracy actually hurts them, because they way they're doing things is clearly making them enough money that it's not worth reconsidering.
If I could just buy movies, download them, and throw them into my Plex server I would absolutely do that instead of pirating. But they won't because clearly they make more money charging normies monthly to watch The Office then they ever would collecting a one time payment from everyone who pirated.

cloud gaming

The game has to be 100% server side to prevent reverse engineering it so you can play it locally

Also this

Sorry Gaben but I refuse to be a pay pig when I can get it for free. Had to buy some online gaymes though can't get over that mandatory server connection bullshit without some hard drive deleting Russian pozz software.

Attached: Untitled.png (2212x864, 180.43K)

Based. I bought portal 2, but it fucking annoys me they killed ingame 'shop'. I also hate games I can't start after years because some retardo dev shut down some important online component - selfhost or fuck off.

Eliminate copyright :DD

Attached: FNnF5viX0AMHaP5.jpg (2000x2000, 856.06K)

XDCC

I would gladly pay $2 for each movie if I could download them desu, but I refuse to buy a BD and deal with the cryptoshit or pay for Netflix.

It's been said already but service is the gamechanger. I'd pay for movies if I could get a download size of my choice with good subtitles, good metadata and instant compatibility with my jellyfin instance.
Piracy represents the bare minimum expected because people make and distribute it basically for free. If you're gonna charge for a service it has to include EVERYTHING you get from the free version plus something to set your service apart from the competition. Spotify did that for music, Steam for vidya, Netflix (in the beginning) for movies. Now Spotify and Netflix aren't including the bare minimum expectations so people are going back to pirating.

That seems like a very convoluted way to experience the illusion of choice that is believing you're still not being tracked by a chink backdoor.

Unironically stop consooming

no it's free as in free martin shkreli

>what is the final solution to the pirate question ?
get a job so you can finally buy something and don't need to pirate anymore

the solution is not giving a fuck about corporations