Is Node.js Killing Python and PHP?

Is Node.js Killing Python and PHP?

Attached: 1617874932624.png (629x604, 80.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RIAEvangelist/peacenotwar/issues/45
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, it's just killing Urkanians
github.com/RIAEvangelist/peacenotwar/issues/45

good
Fuck Europe
Fuck Europeans
Fuck Westerners

python is great for scripting, APIs, backend, machine learning, and plenty of other stuff. node is definitely replacing PHP though

>Pre 2010.
>Ruby on Rails is going to replace PHP.
>Every frameworks in existence comes and go (see jquery) but..
>2022 PHP version 8.
kek, keep dreaming zoomers.

you can do all of that shit in your pic in almost every single other language. node.js is not special.

What is the best JavaScript cms though,l?
I still haven't seen anything like wordpress

Still using flask
Works for me

i think hes a saleman

PHP is the universal backend just like HTML is the universal frontend. Nothing is ever going to change that.
I remember reading an article why Rails failed and couldn't overtake php. One is native one is not, simple as.
Browsers were quick to drop plugins like flash, shockwave. etc as soon as html5 comes out and matures.

Some people see no need to use jquery anymore because they argue they can all be done with vanilla js nowadays. I believe this will happen to nodejs as well. There will come a point where vanilla js goes into higher version where it will no longer need nodejs.

Nodejs is killing itself by blocking the main loop. Every time a piece of javascript runs it blocks the main loop, even if it only blocks for a short period. Eventually every nodejs app kills itself under it's own weight. Move to a modern language with proper concurrency like Zig please.

Golang is killing Python for webshit back end.

Node.js is gonna be replaced by Go

Im about to start a 1 year web shit course to learn nodejs, please tell me that you are just kidding and nodejs is the future.

Attached: ((.jpg (960x540, 48.42K)

its garbo and slow

.net core is the future and hella comfy

>aspx is the future
Bigger meme then Zig.

PHP can be used in shared hosting, nothing is replacing it.

>PHP
huh I forgot that existed

Node is better than Python and PHP for webapps for sure. But Go is even better at that than Node and ASP.NET Core outshines Golang itself.

lol lmao imagine not being white

dangerously accurate take

you have to spawn just as many processes as you would with PHP which would take 10 times the amount of RAM when idling because the JS runtime works by reserving big chunks of RAM. File I/O is slower as well because you have direct bindings to C libraries in PHP.

Just use Go or ASP.NET Core 6 and you won't even make a tradeoff in terms of productivity for a massive gain in performance.

If you mean native as in compiled then yeah ruby sucks, but there is crystal..

the academia alone will make sure python last as long as they last. python is the easiest language you can teach a boomer with a phd.

sure this is the conclusion, but the place for php is still shared hosting for small clients. if php would update their server model from stateless processes to runtime it would blow node out of the water but it would probably run into similar RAM issues. there is the advantage that it can free all RAM when the request is finished.

Scripting languages being used for backend was a mistake to begin with

I hope Julia kills python in that regard, I don't even get why it even got that popular, every other language outshines it, lua is better for scripting, Julia is better on data science, any single compiled language beats it on webshit, and pip is fucking garbage

>any single compiled language beats it on webshit
Don't need to be compiled. Even php and Node do beat it on webshit.