Show me your dream MOBO, Any Forums

Show me your dream MOBO, Any Forums

Attached: proart z690.png (1820x1104, 1.15M)

This but RYZEN

Attached: GA-990FXA-UD3 Wraith.jpg (1200x1600, 353.1K)

Attached: img_2149_2.jpg (500x333, 53.54K)

WHY dont you just buy it instead of dreaming about it online

amd homosexuals love their backdoors they can't disable, the security risk is totally worth similar performance

AMD can't support DDR5 RAM yet. In a couple years DDR5 read and write speeds are going to double current speeds. This Gen of CPUs is gonna go to Intel, IMO.

It's on backorder.

AMD already has DDR5 in laptops and AM5 is going to be DDR5 as well

a motherboard with thunderbolt that doesn't require the external cable for DP in. At least i got a super short custom cable from aliexpress but it still sucks.

Dual Slot-1 on a 440BX platform, can't tell who the vendor or precise model number is. Probably an ASUS, Abit SKU

Retard, AMD will support it with upcoming Zen4/AM5 boards this Summer.

I'd settle for an AM4 board with Thunderbolt that they didn't fuck up somehow. Can't wait to see how they're gonna fuck it up with AM5 and USB4.

Attached: 1620182199006.jpg (1024x1024, 150.14K)

I was just planning on using the thunderbolt ports for external storage, and maybe to charge my phone.

Any mid-tier board does the job as it has vast majority of the stock platform feature without running into feature creep that ends-up causing more points of features.

Well, I figured it was only a matter of time, but it won't be long after that the gen 13 i9s drop. I think Intel is going to keep outpacing AMD.

Raptor Lake is going to be Kaby Lake was to Skylake. Just a refinement. Intel is waiting for Meteor Lake to do further architectural tweaks.

>I think Intel is going to keep outpacing AMD
In power consumption

Attached: img-2022-03-24-22-55-00.png (500x770, 163.25K)

I used to have a dual slot 1 Supermicro board, P6DBH or something like that? Was pretty based, my introduction to what would now be /hsg/

>350 Watt CPU usage

Attached: 1617624644841.gif (200x200, 2.35M)

For most things, but overclocking is really improving on intel CPUs, so I think what midrange boards are going to skimp on, like higher power stages, will have a noticeable impact if you're doing heavy overclocking.

Yeah, that board isn't a Supermicro since at the time they made their PCB generic green (still do for the most part)

>Six core i5
>319W power draw

Attached: 1640200235345.png (640x640, 567.24K)

Thermals are good on Alder Lake, though, so do I really have to worry about power consumption? Electric is pretty cheap where I live.

>Overclocking
Kiddie, overclocking is dead has been dead since Coffee Lake/Zen 1+. Vendors have been pushing their SKUs to the bleeding edge of stability with maxmium boost. Unless, you got a golden sample. You aren't gain much more without dumping a ton of volts and exotic cooling.
Most of your old-school overclockers had changed gears and gone with undervolting. Trying to keep maximum boost speed with as low voltage as possible.

That's one very sexy mobo design.
Sad that I'm not the target demographic.

raptor lake is supposed to have 24 core CPUs in the lineup, though? I doubt intel is going to waste any time with things as competitive as they are. Kaby Lake made a lot of people switch to AMD.

Isn't that all the more reason the be looking at high power stage MOBOs or am I missing something?

Wrong, Kaby Lake has finally convinced those holding Bloomfield-Skylake-era hardware to finally make the jump when Coffee Lake-Comet Lake-era weren't enticing enough.
The problem is that Kaby Lake and Raptor Lake aren't enticing enough for people who moved onto Coffee Lake-Comet Lake-era stuff. They are waiting for Meteor Lake or future platform to make the jump.

It is all over-engnieered, marketing BS. Unless you got exotic cooling and/or golden sample. You aren't going climb much more beyond maxmium boost speed. You end-up being thermally limited.
Doesn't stop motherboard vendors from upselling higher-end motherboard SKU to impressible kiddies who don't any better.
Mid-tier SKUs can effortlessly handle any of the CPU at maxmium boost without any problems and can undervolt. You don't have to deal with feature creep that you never use and ends up creating more headaches.

>Thermals are good on Alder Lake
Oh yeah, it's a nice space heater
>do I really have to worry about power consumption? Electric is pretty cheap where I live.
I'm not telling you what to worry about, but I don't want a 350W+ furnace for a smidgen of performance that will soon be liquidated by more undiscovered security vulnerabilities

Attached: img-2022-03-24-23-05-12.png (500x810, 162.85K)