Is usb c a shit standard?

Is usb c a shit standard?

Attached: 51j2gm6rXpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (890x821, 34.5K)

I don't have an opinion on this issue.

yes
i have had many ports go to almost shit because of these things

No. Works fine.

I just replaced the charge port on my Oppo Zoom for the second time plus I had a Chuwi tablet that had the port die on me. Haven't had a problem with other devices that use it though

>Oppo
>Chuwi

>falls out

>buys cheap cables and products

The standard doesn't fall out. Too bad you have none.

it's just "ok". if it was less fragile on the port it'd be a lot better. the idea is ok but the execution wasn't.

the main issue with usb c is the assumption that usb c means usb 3.2 gen2x2. much like how usb A can carry anything from usb 1 all the way to to 3.2g2x2 so can usb c carry anything it really wants. something like apple's lightning connector, where it sets a standard for not just the connector but the actual spec of data/power through it would be preferable, but then you run into the issue usb c was trying to solve, that of having a unique connector for every type of device.

heres how I'd do it if I had the opportunity:
>similar to usb c, have the data pins inside a shroud on the cable
>make the jack less fragile by making the "tongue" shorter and fatter
>enforce a specific thickness of materials like usb A did so that relying on a friction fit actually works
>require all cables be rated to 65w of power delivery on seperate rails to the data lines
basically, just do lighting but invert it so you're less likely to damage the pads that are on the outside of the cable. anything that needs more power can get a dedicated power cable and people can just cope with two cables. and if you want to cheap out and not make good cables, you can A) get fucked and B) use micro usb b instead

the problem with usb-c is that it does everything but the spec is actually 200000 different specs and theres unironically 400 different different combinations of cables that can do different things. whats the point of a standard port if every cable is different? shit sucks ass. give me 12 different connectors/cables that do one thing well. usb-c does everything poorly

reading my post back I realised I'm describing the thinkpad power connector, just with data lanes in it.

the only """downside""" to this is its like twice the size of usb c. you could maybe reduce it's size by 25% without losing too much strength, but in reality device manufacturoers can just cope with a slightly fatter device.

Attached: file.png (1487x1250, 1.15M)

in fairness to usb c, usb a also had this problem. it's always been an issue with usb, it's just worse now because theres more different types of device/cable.

once again, apples lightning connector would likely solve 99% of the issues with usb c. even magsafe does a better job, if you could shrink it and use it for data as well on any device you'd remove the need for a port at all.

The more I think about this as time goes on, the more I'm starting to realise that in 10-20 years, usb will die in favour or some form of blutooth for peripherals and something like magsafe/qi charging for power and data. I think the days of ports are coming to an end in consumer electronics, although that just emans you're going to end up with 15 different magsafe standards

Doesn't matter. Men with jobs who fuck women decided it was a standard. Now go play your faggot video games and jerk-off to Japanese cartoon girls.

>the engineers that came up with "usb 3.2 gen 2x2" fuck women
what's the bet

dirty connection

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59.08K)

Attached: 1573956461704.png (600x606, 89.15K)

USB is a shit protocol. Extremely chatty and makes your CPU heat up.
Pity Apple sucked at marketing FireWire

they didnt suck at it they only wanted everyone to use it on apple devices

Yep its an absolute disaster, this along with the USB 3 rebranding shitshow solidified to me that the USB forum is either strikingly incompetent or cowards who purposely sabotaged USB due to being bought out.

Attached: usb32-800x185.jpg (800x185, 24.89K)

Yes

>they didn't suck at it they sucked at it

they where hoping to makeb it the standard and get everyone to move to apple devices you moron its all apple does is try to make sure everyone has to use apple

I'm thinking it was done for iot, as for it being shit-I've had usb c cables fail, never before that did I ever have usb cables fail, so its probably not as durable, (and I take care of my devices,) but its the new thing probably to cost cut as well. Changing standards are pretty annoying, but a skill/experiment you should develop is reverse engineering the cables with a breakout device, so if you are in a pinch you can use a breadboard to switch between different usb formfactors even if you dont have a female mating connector/converter, of course this means you will sacrifice cables, or modify ones that you left in "the dustbin of history." You might also be able to access data on non standard memory cards (like pic related) if you get good enough (you don't actually have to peel it apart, you can connect to the open parts of the card.)

Attached: flash_big.jpg (1000x667, 589.58K)