/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Authentic Edition

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Which version should I get?
Anything except Home/Pro.

>How do I debloat Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/Enterprise editions are all EoL in 2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
No, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq (embed) (embed) (embed)

Previous thread:

Attached: 1641627336636.png (1280x1810, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

4channel.org/feedback
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ToT UOH

damn the under& nigger went full bait and misinformation, including a shitposting thread now
i fear the future of this thread now

Is the Android subsystem in Windows 11 worthwhile yet?

meds

I use it for duolingo because the mobile app nets you more points than the web version

how to secure a w10/w11 system to make sure my grandparent doesn't install ransomware again?

I'm 1200km away and I don't feel like doing remote tech support over the phone ever again. How to baby-safe this?
Standard user account + what else?

You don't dude. Just tell them not to download random things, which they won't, and you'll do it again. That's just life man. Stop being an ungrateful little shit that you had to take 2 minutes of your life to help the people who brought you into this world you fucking double nigger.

> my grandparent doesn't install ransomware again?
That is really dependent on your grandparents, if they can be easily convinced to disable an AV or the ransomware protection by a phone scammer (which is kind of based ngl) then they might be in trouble. If they only need a web browser, honestly consider a chromebook for them

retard, it's not my biological grandparent, it's my nan's partner
>take 2 minutes of your life to help
please explain how to reformat a computer to an 80 year old tech boomer over the phone who is half deaf

Attached: 03b.png (400x381, 108.33K)

OH NO! A FRIEND OF THE PERSON WHO BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD! HOW DARE YOU HELP THEM!

make a secondary user account with no admin privileges to install anything retard

how can I remove Windows defender or/and should I just install Windows Server?

Attached: 473923F5-633A-4B06-B53B-E0CE840548AF.jpg (640x920, 72.29K)

you cant remove defender on a live install but defender control does the job just fine and saves your disks from daily rape

Remember when Norton used to do daily scans?

I hate the 90s.

>CAN YOU DELETE ALL THAT GIR489 GUY'S POSTS AGAIN!?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 136.62K)

acshully my posts got deleted too, because we derailed the thread with our off-topic discussion, then a few seconds later they deleted the thread

They didn't ban you though did they?

Why would they do that? I didn't break the rules

Hahaha, I didn't know if I got banned either, I just instinctively dabbed. Remote into router, change MAC, shove keyboard tray in, get up, reset modem, cock arms back.

FUCKING TACO BELL IS TAKING FOREVER TOO! I JUST WANT DINNER! I'M ABOUT TO EAT MY SAUSAGE STEW I HAVE WAITING FOR TOMORROW AT THIS FUCKING POINT!=

Note: This thread has been hijacked by gir489. Anyone who responds who doesn't fit his strict criteria will be trolled. He will only help Windows 10 Chads. If you don't want his help, wait for other anons and ignore his shitposts.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback Tell them you really hate that he's here and they should do something about it. For free.

>hijacked by gir489
>last time gir489 hijacked a thread he made the OP
>hijacked by gir489 is pro loli
nakadashi brother

For sure man.

god i wish that were me