What's the fastest ethernet adapter that works with iphone 12?

what's the fastest ethernet adapter that works with iphone 12?

Attached: 71s+LnR815L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x824, 91.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29573716/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have no idea, but why in gods name would you want that? I'm genuinely curious because I've never even heard of these before.

literally get a fucking life who the fuck hooks a smartphone up via ethernet what ever youre planning to do is idiotic

Buy a wifi router it is cheaper.
Tethering over ethernet from iPhone is not possible.

do itoddlers really?

i don't know shit about iphones but aren't lightning connectors still usb 2.0? meaning the maximum possible speed you could get is nowhere near 1 gigabit/second? and that's without overhead. the wifi inside the phone is probably faster than that.

Correct, Apple went out of their way to market even their latest iPhone as a cinema creators device with a terabyte of storage and raw recording while only having usb 2.0, making footage ingestion far slower than it needs to be.

????

Something a bit less than half a gigabit. They're still stuck on USB 2.0 so they can't handle more than 480 mbps.

As a network person, I occasionally find this useful. Don't always have wifi onto the LAN, and this lets me jump right on without pulling out a laptop.

It's called getting a proper phone. Their shit is slow as fuck, not if that matters anyway if you are thinking of doing something like pentesting, since you can't do shit with that glorified dumbphone.

withh gigabit adapter and you'll get around 250-300mbit/s. at my office we have mounted ipads with PoE dongles (picrel) and that's about the best speed we can get out of them. iphone 12 will have similar result.
ipad pro can do ~5-6gbit (we tested with 10gb nic) with thunderbolt 3, but since lightning is USB 2.0 you can't get much more than 250-300mbit realistically.

Attached: poe-lightning.jpg (1024x768, 39.63K)

people who regularly film things on iphone use wifi to ingest. i get 7-800mbit/s with my 802.11ax omada AP
it is a little hinky at times, and thunderbolt 3/4 would really improve workflow, but at least it's faster than usb 2.0

Just sounds like you're a shitty network person that can't set up their infrastructure correctly.

you sound like someone who has never worked on a serious network

>a serious network
i'm laughing

what is the exact model of this picture?

i have searched for hours and could only find 100mbps adapters for lightning to ethernet

we use redpark L6-NETPOE
not exactly what's in the pic but same idea

the one in the pic is some generic thing from alibaba. no idea if it's gigabit or not

>redpark L6-NETPOE
after my hours of mad searching i almost bought this exact one, it seemed super legit but kinda expensive, then i was nervous that it was a scam

is it legit and would it really give over 200mbps on an iphone 12 when wired to gigabit lan?

(the same gigabit lan gives +200mbps wifi to the iphone 12 in question, so if I can match it, that would be great)

by the way i know i will get tons of shit from aggressive poorly informed people but i will share it anyway

this explains why i want to limit wifi
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29573716/

gimme like 10 mins i'll run iperf on my iphone and share the screenshot.
btw the redpark is only necessary if you have a reason to charge your phone over PoE. if you don't have a PoE switch (or don't want to get an injector) you're better off with the apple lightning to usb 3 camera adapter + any usb gigabit adapter.

Lower latency for mobile games

>you're better off with the apple lightning to usb 3 camera adapter + any usb gigabit adapter.

interesting, i was also studying this option, but then feared it was only to transfer camera pictures or something...