/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: Motorola-Edge-Plus-2022-rear-in-hand-against-brick.jpg (1920x1080, 330.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca-en.nothing.tech/blogs/news/nothing-phone-1-coming-summer-2022
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/spg/ needs to be a cute thread!

Attached: yande.re 799770 bikini open_shirt sam_(samsung) samsung samsung_assistant swimsuits tagme.jpg (1620x2025, 1.31M)

Was worried new bread would happen so here's me reposting my shit, if I get ignored I get ignored

I'm maybe looking at a phone upgrade in the near future (next couple months) and I'm looking for advice

I read the thread OP so
>Canada
>Currently on Telus
>Possible switch to SaskTel

The thing is that I currently still have a fuckin Galaxy S5 lmao so I have no idea where to even start looking at upgrades

I've only used three Samsung phones so far and they've served me well, also I always get an OtterBox to protect them

I basically just use my phone for internet/facebook/messenger/watching YouTube/occasionally Discord VCs (don't freak out thanks)

Stuff I'm looking for:
>More easily navigated file system, hate having to navigate a trillion subfolders
>Better cameras but not too crazy, I've only just started to notice mine being (obviously) dated
>I run Nova Launcher so keeping that compatibility (if a concern) is preferred
>Battery life is always nice
>Built-in time-dependent blue light filter (that doesn't affect screenshots), I'm using a shitty app rn
>Mostly just the usual fare otherwise

Size:
>I'm always annoyed when my new phone is way bigger but if the screen is nice and large to fit I wouldn't mind a little larger than the S5

Budget:
>Honestly no clue, $100-$200 CA? maybe more? Got hints that it'll be a birthday gift so I don't want it to be outlandish, but am willing to chip partly if I'm really settled on something, we'll see

Hope that covers everything, any ideas?

iphone 11

Attached: Surface-Duo-2-with-5G.jpg (1600x840, 87.59K)

>Honestly no clue, $100-$200 CA
Add a zero to that if you want anything decent

Yeah I've been looking for the last while since my first post and I'm starting to see that $250 is still the "budget" options

How software support on the realme? Is it any better than xiaomi/redmi/poco? Same ballpark?

Attached: Realme-realme-_logo_box-RGB-01.png (2698x1125, 39.88K)

thots on the zenfone 8?

Attached: img-2022-03-24-19-16-54.png (960x960, 563.04K)

>punch hole

They really had something going with the flip up camera and then they go and build a generic phone #37636473 that looks like every other piece of crap ok the market

I'm holding on to my Oneplus 5 until punch holes and notches are gone. I'm not paying for a hole or a cutout in my screen

yeah that kinda sucks but it honestly seems like one of the best compact phones right now.. the xperias are too tall for my liking

I owned the first duo for a week and immediately traded it. Worst phone I have ever used, solely because typing lagged one letter behind consistently. Absolutely abhorrent touch screens.

I'm on a fold now and it feels like everything the duo wanted to be.

>maximum 256GB storage
>no SD card slot
>baseline model has 6GB RAM
>housefire 888
>USB 2
>You Es Bee Two point fucking O

>256gb and 6gb ram
werks 4 me
>usb 2
does that impact charging speeds?

>does that impact charging speeds?
nope, just data transfer like when you plug it to a computer or a dock or a usb drive and so on.

AT&T no longer support my Nokia 7 anymore (fuck them), pls recommend me a new one that
> costs $200 ~ $300
> have 4g, I don't care 5g
> good battery life
> good call and signal in general
> small
> bulletproof

thanks in adavance

Attached: 1647634347984.jpg (268x268, 18.95K)

ok, so then I don't care lol

Anyone got the note 11 pro 5G/Poco X4 Pro?
I'd happily trade a faster processor for an OLED screen vs the X3 Pro.

Or is the A52S better than these?

Duo 1 was a nightmare.
Duo 2 is good now.

A52s is clearly better but also more expensive, so it's a moot point.

Take advantage of the anniversary sale if you decide for poco, and keep an eye for mi11 lite 5g and the f3.

I just got s20 fe and will not receive extended updates unlike s21 and s22. How bad is this

AT&T's 3g phase out, mandatory 4G VoLTE, and IMEI whitelisting is complete bullshit and absolutely predatory. Call them and tell them to activate your IMEI. I made a post about this about 2 /spg/s ago.

>The phone (1) will run on Nothing OS, which the company said will distill "the best features of pure Android." If you're interested in getting a glimpse, a first preview of the OS will be available via its launcher, which will be available to download on select smartphone models from April. It will come with three years of OS updates and four years of security updates.

ca-en.nothing.tech/blogs/news/nothing-phone-1-coming-summer-2022

Nothing.tech phone sounds neat. It might be a good skin for Android if it isn't bloated. I don't know if they used the right language - a launcher is different than a "ROM", which it sounds like this is. I don't know why they would make a launcher that only works for certain models, it sounds more like a ROM you can install, unless "Nothing OS" is just a launcher. It sounds more than that.