Technologically speaking is protestware good?

Technologically speaking is protestware good?

Attached: protestware.jpg (946x532, 67.99K)

technologically speaking no
politically speaking depends on which side you're on

introducing bugs intentionally is never good

everyone would be better off if the guy just killed himself and saved everyone the drama

Don't use misleading terms like p"rotestware", what you are referring to as "protestware" is in fact just malware.

you're not protesting anything. You're deleting files from other people's computer.
Your gay biker ass should join Reddit legion and go to Ukraine boarder if you actually want to protest

that's just malware

there is no such thing as protestware, stop trying to make that a thing

to answer the question, no, altering code just to virtue signal or advocate for some unrelated thing is not good. it's going to annoy people and turn them away from your cause at best (if brandon had just added the text file instead of selectively wiping people's HDs). and while people should be auditing or at least testing updates on nonessential systems first before applying them to production, that's like saying I should avoid walking around shady areas at night wearing jewelry and flashy clothes. it's true and valid advice, but doesn't remove culpability from someone if they decided to try and mug me.

Yes. It makes wagies seethe and teaches them to lock transitive dependencies as well or just use nixos since it doesn't have this problem. They should at least have a pr bot that will auto test dependency updates too.

>open source means its free for everyone to distribute and use
>EXEPT IF YOU'RE X NATIONALITY OR X RACE OR X GENDER OR YOU HAVE THE INCORRECT OPINOIN ABOUT X AND IF...

Attached: 1641415841442.png (252x200, 6.72K)

It has always been this way. Freedom isn't free.

thank god that i use gpl what has something like "everyone should be able to use and redistribute this software regardless of country, region etc"

this is why I use free software exclusively.

so much crap you've installed has probably been tainted by a faggot freak anyway, who cares

Stop calling malware "protestware".

No.

He did it on purpose for the exposure, and all you faggs ate it right up. No wonder Jews call goyim golems

>user realizes that Stallmanite free software is liberal

>Technologically

>protestware
it's just a weasel word for malware

god he's still at it

Technologically speaking, it is bad

So whats the update on the guy who did this?