AYYMD housefires incoming

videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-7000-zen4-raphael-desktop-170w-sku-rumored-to-feature-16-cores

Attached: img-2022-03-24-16-45-05.png (756x779, 400.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/amd-details-ryzen-threadripper-pro-5000-wx-series-zen-3-up-to-64-cores
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

12900k eats 240W

Attached: 1638615031037.png (1081x938, 694.5K)

Banned in Cuckifornia then.

>16 core
>top configuration
Good to see AMD immediately stopped caring once they got to the top.

They still haven't made up their minds about killing Threadripper or not

16 actual high performance cores/32 threads and a small IGP on a mainstream platform is more than enough.

>4 cores is more than enough on a mainstream platform! You don't need more!
>8 cores is more than enough on a mainstream platform! You don't need more!
>16 cores is more than enough on a mainstream platform! You don't need more!
Fuck off, I want more.

If you want more than 32 threads you can have that, on a pro platform with an EPYC workstation.

I want more for cheap, obviously. AMD used to live by the mantra of "moar cores" but now that they're on top they stopped caring. They're a premium brand now.

It will go up to 24 cores. Just wait and see.

>AMD stopped caring...
By increasing IPC 52% over the last iteration of the Construction core generation in one family
By dethroning $1700 Broadwell-E with a $500 mainstream chip
By creating a true mid prosumer platform
By constantly pushing the bar on perf/watt while the competition merely increases PL1/PL2
By having significant IPC uplift with each successive generation to be a true bleeding edge performance company
Big bad evil AMD just stopped caring, guys. Pack it up. Time to go home.

This.
A 7950x, with an RDNA2 igpu, paired with a RX7600 or RX7700 is my current wet dream.

>iGPU for my Gentoo Desktop
>RX7600/7700 + 6 threads for a Windows VM
>Put it all in a Silger SM580
>280mm AIO
>4x high pressure, high rmp (I'm mostly deaf) 140mm fans cooling it
>Use my old FM2+ system as a NAS for long term file storage

Thing is I will be able to do the same with intel and a 13900k and an Alchemist/Battlemage dGPU around the same time. How to decide?

>By increasing IPC 52% over the last iteration of the Construction core generation in one family
>By dethroning $1700 Broadwell-E with a $500 mainstream chip
That was back when they cared (because they were almost bankrupt). AMD gave you 8 real cores for the price of 4 and it was glorious. Only third worlders buy quad cores now while they used to be the standard 5 years ago. Are we supposed to stop now? 11800X will still be 8C/16T because "you don't need more"?

AMD didn't just stop at 8 cores. They gave you 16/32 threads on a mainstream platform, while still increasing IPC. They didn't just take on more low IPC cores. They kept pushing the bar. And not with Zen4 Raphael we again will have a large IPC uplift over Zen3, and all Raphael chips have 4 RDNA2 CU bundled with them, again pushing the bar.

>They gave you 16/32 threads on a mainstream platform
And now they should give me 32C/64T, or at the very least 24C/48T. It's been 3 years since Zen 2 and if AMD was still desperate you can bet they wouldn't stop innovating.
>And not with Zen4 Raphael we again will have a large IPC uplift over Zen3
At 170W on a smaller node. Great, it's just like Intel's "IPC uplifts".

tomshardware.com/news/amd-details-ryzen-threadripper-pro-5000-wx-series-zen-3-up-to-64-cores
You can get 64c/128t Zen3 Threadripper, bucko.

You really don't have a single leg to stand on here. Just autistic whining.

>You can get 64c/128t Zen3 Threadripper, bucko.
Way too expensive for what you get. AMD used to be the budget king. That's what I said, they're a premium brand now and that's why they've stopped innovating. They don't need to because suckers like you will eat it up anyway. "30% more FPS in my bing bing wahoo? Thank you AMD!!!"

>AMD was near bankrupt and selling low performance shitty housefire CPUs that are just more tacked on trash cores or "modules"
b-b-bbut budget king!
>AMD starts selling incredible performance high efficiency CPUs
W-WTF AMD doesn't care!!!! Gib me 64cores at poverty pricing!!!!!!!

Subhuman autistic scum.

PPT is actually well over 200W. Good luck cooling that thing.

only thing that matters is what the motherboards allow. for some reason the board partners of intel go the "lol 500W PL2 bios LOLOL" while the same partners use strict watt restrictions with Amd

aaaa i just upgraded to AM4

Based, it will last you a long time

I don't think AMD allows tinkering with TDP that much, Intel on the other hand lets hell break loose (literally)

Attached: img-2022-03-24-17-46-56.png (600x450, 384.67K)

>AMD was near bankrupt and selling low performance shitty housefire CPUs that are just more tacked on trash cores or "modules"
I was obviously talking about Ryzen 1000-3000. Ryzen 5000 isn't bad after the price cuts either.
>AMD starts selling incredible performance high efficiency CPUs
Not that incredible if all you get is an IPC uplift and a couple more niggahertz. You can't call them high efficiency if 16 cores consume 170W.