This is my first GNU/Linux distro, which one should I pick?

This is my first GNU/Linux distro, which one should I pick?

Attached: which.png (790x544, 36.97K)

Not debian. Seriously, not for your first one. As much as Any Forums might screech, just install ubuntu with the stock DE to get your feet wet. After that, dick around with something a little more involved (maybe debian), but don't do debian first.

>cuckbian

snaps are SHIT

Probably KDE
>inb4 reeeeee
I'm not more of a KDE person myself, 've been using i3/sway for 5 years now

none and then install dwm

I'm installing it in VM and my purpose is to learn Linux to be good developer not for personal usage

snaps are the future.
deal with it.

Xfce
Thank me later

>i3/sway

Attached: soyjak2025.png (478x583, 12.85K)

Install PopĀ”_OS 21.10 for now OP. Dont dip your balls into Debian immediately

install gentoo

I don't disagree, but ubuntu is still the absolute best "babby's first distro".
>t. memejaro user
Doesn't matter, just install ubuntu. Or maybe something like Fedora. Anything you could learn on debian, you can learn on ubuntu. They use the same package manager and generally have similar stacks. Debian is just notably less friendly to true beginners.
If you are still dead set on using it, KDE or xfce. Willfully choosing gnome is about the worst decision you could make.

Why?
All you need to do is click next on this installer and you're done.

the windows 7 one

Because there is far less coddling and hand-holding. I personally don't enjoy that shit, but I've also used loonix for years. If this is someone's absolute first time trying it out, they'll want some hand-holding in the beginning.

I'm using debian xfce, but for your first gnu I'd try mint or ubuntu.

GNOME

Xfce

Learning desktop environments won't make you a good developer. Ubuntu has everything you need to learn Linux and its tools. Debian is only useful if you want to flex in your freetardism or learn how to search drivers.

Fpbp

Fedora with XFCE