/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap, laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1642026879770.png (390x376, 243.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.de/nec-multisync-me551-message-essential-60005057-a2513521.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how the fuck do I remove bloom.exe I got it trying to download a game on steamunlocked

Attached: 73A8041D-5561-4298-BBCC-8A4407EB9DD0.gif (220x181, 133.56K)

Install MalwareBytes?

install gentoo

How do I save clip art studio files into the sd card automatically for my tablet?

You don't. There's no need to do it whatsoever. No one ever had to save clip art studio files into the sd card automatically for their tablet.

is PCIe SSD good? Why would I use it over a regular drive? Can I put an OS on there and boot from it if I really felt like it?

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 544.92K)

Here is a possibly stupid question:
What are some places that offer something themed content like imageboards do?
Lainchan is full of brainwashed 'lefties' and drugies, for the most part. Wizchan is slow and gay and boring.
Mastodon I looked at today, and going through a few communities' rules and guidelines, I get the impression they're all snowflakes, literally rddt all over again, just the demographic is 5--15 years younger, same authoritarian, power-hungry munchkins.

Can I make a pc with a built in switch like this for turning it off and on?

Attached: 200526811-001-56a5a63e5f9b58b7d0ddd35e.jpg (2004x1127, 227.45K)

you can build a regular PC and then change the reset button to sleep so it wakes up faster.
also can buy a separate button from chinks and put it on your table or whatever, mount it into the wall.

>is PCIe SSD good?
Yes
>Why would I use it over a regular drive?
Smol and much faster
>Can I put an OS on there and boot from it if I really felt like it?
Yes

Yes, you can even use that exact switch, but you'd have to flip it twice each time so it doesn't stay closed for more than a couple seconds.

There are none. You now realize how precious this micronesian pottery forum you and me are using now really is.

Thank you for answering my PCIe question, king.

>be me
>close laptop
>come back later, open laptop
>still connected to wifi
>be me later
>close laptop
>have to run into town or something
>chuck laptop into bag
>never get around to actually taking laptop out of bag
>get home
>put laptop on desk exactly where it was
>open laptop
>wifi is disconnected
OK, tell me how this motherfucker knows that it went out of wifi range.

>have two github accounts, A and B
>make a new project on A
>try to commit some stuff, github doesn't let me
>add a ssh to A so I can, then commit
>check the website
>it says the commit was made by account B that I haven't used in years and don't even have the credentials for
>I might have a ssh key that is connected to B on my machine, but no idea why github would even allow B to commit to the repo
>on the project page it says pic rrelated
How does this even happen?

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-03-24 18-18-04.png (536x192, 22.53K)

Did you changed your git global email and username?

Reposting question from last thread, a kind user already answered but I guess I'm just hoping he was wrong or something because otherwise I'd be forced to make a decision without HARD DATA and FACTUAL EVIDENCE to base it on.

Does a website dedicated to comparing and reviewing usb sticks exist?
I'm in the market for one and I don't know what I should be looking for.

Attached: usb stick.jpg (987x890, 118.4K)

I was banned from discord simply by association.
I need to make a new account to only lurk some vanilla servers I actually enjoy.
I have already created a VM to run discord from, but I also seem to need a new phonenumber for their verification bs.

Where do I get a new phone number that is accepted in discord?

what the fuck product is this supposed to be

No. I guess that's it, though that's retarded as fuck. Why would it use the e-mail address as the piece of data identifying the user, when anyone can set anything as their mail address in the git config, and not the ssh credentials that are necessary to even edit the project.

>Why would it use the e-mail address as the piece of data identifying the user, when anyone can set anything as their mail address in the git config
Because that's how git works. Haven't you seen all those random bullshit meme commits that appear to be made by Linus Torvalds? Github still uses your ssh credentials for determining access, but the commit author display needs to be based on something else because a lot of commits on repos that are in Github were made by people who don't have github accounts

>he doesn't know

Is Miracast unproblematic? After reading I decided it's the easiest way to connect Display to laptops for conferences.

Is there any way to get Airplay other that getting an Apple TV? My boss has a Mac.

Is this screen good? How are Nec in general? Would a single USB be problematic?
geizhals.de/nec-multisync-me551-message-essential-60005057-a2513521.html

Attached: 2022-03-24-18:42:07-screenshot.png (926x440, 133.43K)