Work from home as a developer in a big finance company

>work from home as a developer in a big finance company
>IT is le cost center
>have barely worked anything at all during the last 6 months
>code 2 hours per day
>shitpost on Microsoft Teams
>manager surprises me with 10% salary increase because im so important to company
>almost feelbad.png because im not really doing anything
>consulting recruiters spamming me on linkedumb, no way im trading a relaxed corporate job for a real job

Anyone else who just slack and collect salary?

Attached: 1.png (577x387, 61.88K)

I have a corporate job to and from what you wrote I bet you are the fucking lazy ass in the team where other team members pick up the slack from.

Sincerely fuck yourself.

seethe - cope - dilate

Attached: 1625078323456.gif (512x310, 3.43M)

I came here to laugh at (You)

Attached: 1629472844146.jpg (677x717, 89.74K)

user, they create a 40 hour workweek out of your 2 hours of code a day. they need you to justify everything they do. just shut up and enjoy the ride. you are their golden goose.

>they need you to justify everything they do. just shut up and enjoy the ride. you are their golden goose
what do you mean?

>busting your ass in an enterprise megacorp
NGMI

Attached: 02dc-ivanka1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg (1800x1800, 724.26K)

I love her so much it's unreal, bros.

Hey guys, I know I am seeing a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I really need to push back and raise some red flags here. Having an on-site office presence foundational to our ability to drive efficiencies in a corporate landscape. It is in our DNA. Sure, there is no 'one size fits all' or silver bullet and some are just boilerplate solutions, leveraged to the hilt and really only keeping us at a 30,000-foot-view of things. Being on-site, however, really allow us to get better granularity, find better directional-indicators, or loop back and dive deep into some critical issues on a go-forward basis.

I think if you all start spending more time in the office gain, you'll find yourself trending toward the positive, but you'll have to keep an eye on the puck. Gut through it, reduce thrash, and let's stay in lock-step on this. Yes, we will synergize!

What's the root cause of the hatred of Corporate office spaces? I'll put my layman's hat on and guess that it comes from movies such as Office Space and Dilbert cartoons. But we all know that these are fictional spaces, and real office spaces allow us to touch base in a much more efficient manner.

I have to time-box this comment, as I have a hard-stop in a moment when I will have to jump onto a call. So, just one more point that I want to cover-off on: let's socialize the idea of having more office presence and loop back to see whether we're being more impactful. From a management standpoint, I think that we can get the traction to do it.

So, net/net, ignore the naysayers, sidebar the folks that are stuck in the weeds, and don't waste cycles or bandwidth on folks that don't align strongly with this mission. Try it out, and we'll have another touch point in a little while to see if we've moved the needle. Remember, our north star hasn't changed. We're still championing our core values remotely and we will only do it better in person.

If you need me, I will be online again in a bit.

Attached: hqdefault100.jpg (480x360, 14.6K)

4 hours a day of work and 4 hours a day being on call is the current meta. 4 hours is enough to work enough to get a varied set of shit done

Attached: 1637930903729.jpg (1024x958, 175.8K)

Not true. In a large corporate job you're much less likely to be fucked over by any one lazy individual. It happens obviously but most things are separated well enough to where it doesnt matter.

you tend to get fucked over by upper management in enterprise

This

They hired management for my job that is now making Tier 2 assign tickets to Tier 1.

It used to be glorious as I used to pick up tickets myself. Now its going to blow for the rest of the time I'm going to be working there.

Planning on being there for just another year, taking paternity leave right after my bootcamp finishes / applying like crazy for Dev jobs, and hope to leave them in the dust.

Stupid fags actually care about the workload, yet management keeps hiring non-US based support team members.

Why is every startup I've worked for like this, where they keep making deals but never staff enough people? Complete retards.

>4 hours
seems like 3 hours too many

Slight update:
My plan is to just give bullshit intro responses until they catch on because I can't stand that kind of tiered faggot bullshit.

>Why is every startup I've worked for like this, where they keep making deals but never staff enough people? Complete retards.

because retards like you keep doing the needful.

don't forget to get at least one clout cert before you graduate your bootcamp.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU NEED TO BE WORKING 88888888888888888 HOURS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>UNACCEPTABLE YOU NEED TO RESPOND TO EMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILS
>YOU ARE ANTISEMETIC I WILL REPORT YOU TO HRRRRRRRR

Attached: 1622812155919.png (640x591, 18.19K)

I do the same.

Programming is a really great career if you're actually good at your job, and don't gargle corporate cock. I've worked at quite a few places now and it's been the same story at all of them, I coast by doing 1-2 hours of work a day and everyone is super happy with me.

The only job I busted ass at was my first job, and it was a complete waste of time. I got so much praise, yet the second I asked for a promotion or raise I'd get given some spiel about how I need to work there longer to get one, and yet the second I handed in my notice they offered triple my salary immediately. That opened my eyes to how much I could be asking for, and also to how fucking dumb average companies are.

back in the cagie wagie

WFH is great because after your 2hours of focus, you can chill the whole day and no one knows that you're fucking off. Unlike in the office where you have to look busy.

You could get nothing substantial done in just 1 hour of work as a SWE