Does anyone actually need a language other than modern C++ these days...

Does anyone actually need a language other than modern C++ these days? You can even use it to write C code if you don't like OOP.

Attached: 640px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (640x719, 33.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>rust and c++ are both tranny languages
>both look really ugly
makes you think

>Does anyone actually need a language other than modern C++ these days?
Yes, you need a language with comptime that isn't incomprehensible with a 500 page template error. Just take the Zig pill

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. Just add one line of code and you're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

pub const io_mode = .evented;

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performant
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword Lain, EZ RAII style cleanup. Want to be be even lazier? Have a single arena allocator scoped per HTTP request and forget about memory management entirely!

>You can even use it to write C code if you don't like OOP.
And you can compile and extend that code with Zig. Embrace the future old man, and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started! Need help? IRC is #zig on libera.chat.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

>You can even use it to write C code if you don't like OOP.
That's what HaikuOS does.

Most people don't need C++

most people also happen to do unimportant work.

>Zig
lol do they pay you guys to shill for them or what?

C++ is based and you are a nigger

Attached: 1637610128357.png (432x324, 219.54K)

Exception handling is not based and the C++ standard library uses it.

Barely. And they only pay us anything at all because of the government grants.

Attached: 1618543005921.png (712x713, 564.97K)

c/c++ for quick scripting feels like it would be a mess. i'm looking to learn lua just so i can integrate it with c/c++. python is good for this too

Do they intentionally put the most retarded looking people in the front?

Third-fourth row and back look like at least semi normal people

They want to show off how 'diverse' they are so they put the token at the front.

flamboyant fags are attention seeking

I'm working with """Modern""" C++ right now. As in, somebody pays me to look at some godawful code full of duplicated functions and no standards, and I have to "add new features" to it. And while "clean, modern c++" is certainly possible, nothing in the language helps you achieve this. Instead, EVERYTHING is there. Sure, you have the new stuff, the smart pointers, iterators, whatever. But you can also do old pointers, memcpy and unsafe casts. And since you can do anything, somebody will find a way of doing it.

SO instead of having "modern C++" in reality you have a mix of "modern C++" and "old C++" and just straight C, and you have to be fluent in all of these or you can't get shit done, because some fucking italians your company hired actually only know objective-C, and they think C++ is the same. Oh and you have a problem that is elegantly solved by this new C++ feature? Well fuck you, because it's in the next version to the one you have in the project, and your manager will never ever let you upgrade.

And don't get me started on all the retarded ways """""""modern""""""" C++ is harder to use than regular C++. Want to use unique_ptr for your class instead of regular pointer? Well you better have a copy constructor, a reference constructor, a non-virtual public destructor, and a plethora of other exotic functions that will make even your "simple" code an unreadable mess of const and && and :: and ~ that would make an ancient egyptian proud. What's easier than this? just use a regular pointers, everything will work, no questions asked. "Memory leaks are problems for the people that will be working in this hell hole long after I'm gone" he probably thought. If he could think at all that is. And the language lets them get away with this shit.

So yeah c++ is a hot pile of steaming garbage, and talking about how """"""""""""""modern"""""""""""""" C++ is good is like memeing about how javascript is good if you only look at the good parts

Attached: fuck you cpp.jpg (889x891, 59.16K)

Just use C, C++ started out okay but they kept fucking with it, adding useless shit and they still don't have useful things like proper modules kek

This shilling has singlehandedly turned me off of ever touching the language, maybe thats the point.

Langauages are easy, you suck

Attached: 1647974089807.png (800x1300, 1.11M)

Regular pointers and unique pointers have different use cases.
Fuck virtual classes tho.

Different languages suit certain tasks better. As a general purpose language, it's probably the best we have. Rust is becoming more and more viable, though, and should be considered a serious contender.

Personally, I'll stick with C++. I really cannot stand the bits of syntax that borrow from mathematics rather than C.

I enjoy messing with C++ but I still can't figure out how to properly utilize .h files. I know they're headers but I get filtered on how to use them correctly. Everything I make I just cram into the main cpp file. It sucks bros, I want to be better

Attached: e3047e18a4d0eba613ef49503764dac4.jpg (720x720, 41.27K)

"modern" c++ is just reinventing java, poorly

>lua doesn't have ++ or -- because -- is for comments
n4map

Dude, just declare the functions in the headers and implement them in the cpp files.