Jesus christ

jesus christ

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 14.09.55.png (960x699, 294.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
github.com/ziglang/zig/graphs/contributors
github.com/ziglang/zig/graphs/contributors?from=2019-12-18&to=2022-03-24&type=c
github.com/ruby/ruby/graphs/contributors
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ruby
Yikes. It's terrible compared to Zig, ruby has no concurrency and the performance is interpreted (bad!)

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. Just add one line of code and you're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

pub const io_mode = .evented;

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performant
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword Lain, EZ RAII style cleanup. Want to be be even lazier? Have a single arena allocator scoped per HTTP request and forget about memory management entirely!

>jesus christ
Yeah, it's not going to get any better with dead-end Ruby. Embrace the future old man, and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started! Need help? IRC is #zig on libera.chat.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

zig is an alpha quality hobby project made by one person, that still has horrible memory safety issues inherited from C because the author is too much of a baby to admit this is bad

>performance is interpreted (bad!)
It's jit now
>Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go
It's actually very different from go.
>Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier
Except it only supports one operating system.
>so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++
No, LLVM is the backend of clang. There are higher level optimizations that are only in clang. This is because LLVM IR is lower level.
>Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword
You don't even mention the arguably more important errdefer.... Do you even use zig?
>it's not going to get any better with dead-end Ruby
They just added jit. So.... What dead end?

>muh hello world
If you want to convince people to use zig maybe consider learning it's features first.

inb4 ruby shill
I hate ruby and love zig.

>only one person
picrel.
Oh i have a version that covers errors and such but it would go over the character limit.

Attached: only_one_person.png (433x101, 18.13K)

I was actually referring to the forced diversity, but hey.

Attached: 1638647568747.jpg (600x600, 46.97K)

It used to be an image of white people, but a few years back some nigger changed it.

wow 10 people

pic proves exactly what i said, the guy on the left still does majority of the work
>forced

You can go to if you want identity politics discussion. Since this is the technolo/g/y board, we're going to talk about the technology. Deal with it. Ruby fucking sucks.

>I'm such a coddled faggot that a picture of people who aren't identical getting along makes me screech with virgin rage
Don't you have a javelin to be standing in front of, Vlad?

allahu aukbar

This isn't even identity politics, this is OP being triggered because rails showed him a drawing of a person who isn't himself, aka a geeky unwashed white male with cargo shorts and smelly anime tshirt. Look how easy it is to trigger these people

>Oh i have a version that covers errors and such but it would go over the character limit.
>doesn't know how to split posts
>doesn't know pastebins
Either you're an idiot or don't have it. Either way funny af.

>literal minority of the commits
>only 1 of 5 paid workers
>"MASSIVE MAJORITY"
what is this, a new "stop the recount!" cope?

People don't read shit if it's not in their faces. Pastebining it doesn't work, I might as well just do a linkdump of articles in that case. And I'm not solving multiple captchas for free.

not all commits are equally important to the project
not all paid workers are equally important to the project
come on user this is first year project management stuff

There are way more contributors but this type of contribution distribution is common in almost all open source projects, including ruby. More than half of the work is done by 1 person, and then almost all work is done by 10 people or so.

>ask for pastebin
>excuses
lmao
>>literal minority of the commits
Are you blind? Andrew has more than half of the commits and LoC by himself.
github.com/ziglang/zig/graphs/contributors

This zig shill is pure delusion.

why would you even compare something like ruby to zig?

Zig shill runs on zig comptime. Not much room for reasoning

Ruby is used for webshit, but the concurrency model for ruby just doesn't exist. Single threaded. Out of date/obsolete. No good in a c10k world.

If you include back in 2016, sure. Limit yourself to a non-obsolete year like 2022, and you see a very large difference.

>the forced diversity
Oh yeah, but that changed on 7.x

Attached: file.png (880x779, 108.54K)

Do a similar comparison for ruby for the last few years. The majority of work is done by 1 person, maximecb.

i thought this is considered okay since web servers are input bound right so along with request buffering of nginx it works out in the end,

doesn't ruby have some standard interface like wsgi for python, you can write a wsgi server in C too (i.e uwsgi)

Still no pastebin lmao. Since I actually follow zig unlike yourself I can say that at 2022 is laughably too small a window.
github.com/ziglang/zig/graphs/contributors?from=2019-12-18&to=2022-03-24&type=c
Here's ruby..... Uh oh. Most of the code WASN'T written by one guy. Oooooh nononono
github.com/ruby/ruby/graphs/contributors

What is this abomination of a retard shilling zig garbage? Literally had to put a filter for this shit. This cunt is worse than the shill lion.

>choosing arbitrary range
>still not majority

>not
> still in denial

Smart move. These days, you're better off not having any human forms anywhere near your product. Even if you play the diversity game, somebody will find something to be upset about.

>OP bringing out old stale examples to manufacture rage

never change Any Forums