Copy video without recompression

github.com/Vzaa/mpv-webm/

How come you can convert parts of a video to webm and mp4, but you can't just COPY that part (meaning output that part without re-encoding it)?

Attached: 1618043915650.png (761x851, 236.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/lvml/mpv-plugin-excerpt
github.com/aerobounce/trim.lua
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Main-options
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/edl-mpv.rst)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit_decision_list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably because webm and mp4 have exactly zero overlap when it comes to supported codecs. You can pack an H264 stream from mp4 into mkv with a plain copy with no issues.

>Probably because webm and mp4 have exactly zero overlap when it comes to supported codecs.
who the fuck cares? I don't want the video to be in a different codec or format
I want the video to be trimmed without changing codec or re-encoding...

Then use a container format that supports the codec you want, faggot.

Can anyone help me find an android apk version that would work on Arm v7 and has the frame interpolation (smooth video) feature?

are you brain dead? read the op again you fucking retard
that is not the issue

what OP wants is this:
gitlab.com/lvml/mpv-plugin-excerpt
but for windows

here it is:
github.com/aerobounce/trim.lua

>how do i re-encode without re-encoding

Use ffmpeg nigger

>>how do i re-encode
brain dead retard
another brain dead retard

see:

>another brain dead retard
Why? You can use ffmpeg to trim without re-encoding. Just use -c:v copy and -c:a copy

>Why? You can use ffmpeg to trim without re-encoding.
that is what the op wants, and that is what this script does: what you are too stupid to understand is that the op wants to do the segment marking inside of mpv, because that is infinitely more convenient than manually writing down time stamps and opening up ffmpeg you retard

Your esl software does what ffmpeg does
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Main-options
you can just use -c copy

Attached: Capture.png (1689x94, 12.37K)

holy shit read this again and then kys :

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT YOU SAID IS RIGHT BUT I'M ANGRY FOR NO REASON AND I THINK EVERYBODY IS THE SAME PERSON REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ok schizo

>WHAT YOU SAID IS RIGHT
not at all, you are literally so stupid you can't understand basic english

op:
>I want to mark segments from within MPV
this script: lets you mark beginning and end of a video segment from within MPV and then sends it to ffmpeg to do the work.

Internet in the third world was truly a mistake

sure thing ESL faggot

>tfw I use hands down the best non-linear video editing script for mpv, but I can't share it with any of you because the author hasn't made it public and it's not mine to give
I feel sorry for you bros. maybe one day they'll reconsider and you guys will be able to enjoy this brilliant script.

Attached: 1635666796999.png (1339x560, 542.61K)

The reason I share this now is because I've modified it myself to output EDL files.

EDL files are what OP actually wants but doesn't know he wants. 'Edit Decision Lists' are a method of doing non-destructive video editing (no recompression!) without actually writing a new video file at all. They are essentially text files that have a list of video files and timestamps (it's a slight bit more complicated than that, but you can read the specification here: github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/edl-mpv.rst) These edl files are very small, usually a few hundred bytes depending on how long your filenames are and how many segments you have. You can play them using mpv like any other media file. mpv buffers straight through all the edits so playback is 100% seamless.

Unfortunately I can't share the script I use with you, since I based it on a script that isn't mine and isn't public. But this is the sort of system you want.

Attached: 1616818563795.png (1345x559, 842.74K)

more information en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit_decision_list

example edl file of some random yojimbo clips:
# mpv EDL v0
%75%/home/redacted/movies/Yojimbo.1961.1080p.CRITERION.BluRay.x264.anoXmous.mp4,468.13433333333,7.4657916666667
%75%/home/redacted/movies/Yojimbo.1961.1080p.CRITERION.BluRay.x264.anoXmous.mp4,492.65883333333,10.468791666667
%75%/home/redacted/movies/Yojimbo.1961.1080p.CRITERION.BluRay.x264.anoXmous.mp4,515.55670833333,57.265541666667

Use AVIdemux. You won't get that with mpv.

Both mpv and AVIdemux use ffmpeg for this, they have the same capabilities in this regard. What's lacking from vanilla mpv is an interactive interface for clipping a file, but that can (and has) been added by various userscripts.

But don't get me wrong, AVIdemux is great software and is a good recommendation to OP.