Is it a good start to electronics/electricity/EE?

Is it a good start to electronics/electricity/EE?
You also learn C/C++ in process

Attached: download (1).jpg (259x194, 13.46K)

Start with discrete components on a breadboard. Cheaper to replace when you inevitably break them.

yes its what every single college or university will use to teach you if its relevant
theyre cheap enough to buy or let you take home (some schools also sell them)

the syntax is also incredibly dare i say BASIC
also this but arduinos are better for software
i never had to use a breadboard but they are good

>learn C/C++
you don't though. at least I didn't; I got too used to relying on the Arduino shortcuts and then when I went to implement some actually useful embedded projects using a nucleo board it was a shock to see how much more you could do by setting registers manually.
so i second learn from the ground up, start with learning basic digital systems and progress from there

If you don't understand the fundamentals you will do dumb things like leaving pins floating or breaking them with excessive current. If you really want to start with ICs, at least start with simple ones like 7400 series logic.

The Arduino is just a dev board for whatever microcontroller is on that particular model. You can still interface with everything directly without using the Arduino libraries.

I'd still recommend doing it all on a breadboard though, at least at first.

no. Because arduino is so widespread and accessible there are vastly more misleading resources than actually useful ones. You're not really learning C/C++ if you use the "Arduino language." Atmel and GCC both have compilers that target the AVR architecture.

first time I used arduino in college was 3rd year and we were required to use AVR assembly

im retarded with programming and electricity, but have never had any issues with these
if youre worried (about breaking any tech you own), search sites like youtube for "ways to break an ardunio" or "ardunio virsus"
the virus being something like doing that and them just calling it one

My first real exposure to programming was an Arduino at age 12. I only got into electronics a couple years later.
I feel like it's a great way to gauge if a kid is interested in technology/programming. Having some text show up on screen is boring, but making LEDs blink or making a robot follow a line while playing a song is fun. It won't teach them anything deep, but they'll be entertained while learning the basics (variables, functions, control flow).

you're retarded in general

Attached: F7.png (163x170, 37.64K)

Good start is a breadboard and a simple project. Do it in a minimal viable way, you will learn a lot in process. Arduino is not particularly good for teaching you fundamentals. The whole "I operate in complex terms without knowing what they mean" kind of deal.

Arduinos are pretty convenient in how easy they are to use. You can pick up chinese clones for very cheap so you can treat them as a consumable item.
They have very little value from a programming perspective though, programming is best learned in software, not communicating with hardware.

nah. find a crt tv or monitor and tear it apart. learn more there.

Attached: zzz.webm (640x480, 2.8M)

Interesting I didn't know that, thats pretty cool. After using the nucleo boards tho I see no reason to go back to arduino. Just too much you can do with arm.

Attached: nucleo-f429ZI.jpg (600x693, 141.6K)

What made me put away learning to program is the
>at 8-13 they became leet haxors
Since the age 14 i was interested in it but gave up as i felt im ashamed to be so old to get into this stuff (i also knew no english at all until thr age of 16 and had no resources, family members who would buy me books too). Im 20 now and when i hear about people getting into tech as teenagers i just get depressed and fell suicidal. Is it true? Is it too late to be decent at tech? Is there any hope for me?

then find a ham radio and tear that apart.

Attached: zzv.webm (400x600, 2.8M)

Attached: pwrcyc_modem_remote.webm (560x592, 272.63K)

so this is taking the controllers out of those appliances to do things with them?

On a Uno the Atmel chip is in a socket and you can just take it off to use it on a breadboard

It's somebody trying to get you killed with capacitors charged to high voltages.