/wdg/ - Web Development General

mainframe edition

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

NOT Previous:- the thread/s before this (1 or 2) are missing from the following link (through) to this thread linked -

- --
" you are the next generation
youve killed and lived through three generations, now
if i fell would you take my place of/as the internet... ? "

Attached: ddv.png (498x658, 186.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wdg.one
my.website.com
github.com/user/repo
youtube.com/watch?v=eRws__0nqjc
pastebin.com/2JiZQdtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good morning sirs

(OP)
We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

I want to do full stack open but the OP says FSO
>Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge

I have a lot of experience with web dev and git, but 0 experience with DBs.
Are there any courses or books that can give me basic db knowledge to prepare me for FSO? Don't suggest youtube indians.

Attached: 1646252072568-0.jpg (740x370, 30.35K)

>Don't suggest youtube indians.
but NewIballdesigningdeveloper just uploaded a minute ago

youtube.com/watch?v=eRws__0nqjc

Attached: .png (231x243, 27.82K)

You can definitely just start doing it, most of the course uses mongodb for simplicity and they teach you everything you need to know about it for the course really

sorry, i dont know as i dont code

i dont now, i dont code. this may as well be powershell

If only you watched his tutortials on how to build zoom you wouldn't be saying this right now

Attached: .png (865x554, 327.46K)

bump

After one month of learning, I can reverse and repeat a string without looking up the syntax.

Attached: 1647298333010.jpg (500x601, 21.02K)

how the fck are u employed if u arent benchmarking ur code. IDK much about web development but i do know that ur a mega retard for making people load uncompressed images, there are so many different formats and guidelines for this very issue, like jewgles webp shit (their benchmarking tool on their gh is good too). if u cant even manage to host like a wordpress efficiently then how to you expect to maintain steady work

ok so heres the thing. i made a site for someone but they demanded, absolutely demanded that the images not be compressed.

now the front page is 66.8mb and takes roughly 1 minute to load. im lost. what can i do in this situation?

any help apprec

Is there a reason for this? That request is unreasonable, but the person asking might be confused.

Does anybody know why when this PHP script [1] that implements a SSE service is running no other request to the server is processed??

Like if a visit another page in another tab it just hangs there until I close the tab in which the SSE service is used (?). Some years back it worked but I guess they changed some shit in the php config or something like that. idk I'm not a webnigger

I'm using xampp 8.0.10 btw

[1] pastebin.com/2JiZQdtk

Demand to resize and compress them with making it your best ability to compress them to being invisible to 99% of people.

That is absolutely ridiculous.
Also, lazy loading if it's lots of scrolling images down.

based lazyloader

I don't really like lazyloading, but if there's too many pictures what has to be done has to be done...

what's the use case for react?

i think IBM uses react

Keeping me in the job