Is it the perfect connector type? Is this the connector that will last as long as the 3.5mm jack?

Is it the perfect connector type? Is this the connector that will last as long as the 3.5mm jack?

Attached: 1635155529867.jpg (10000x10000, 3.62M)

>more fragile then micro USB
it's shit lmao

microusb was just as fragile but it was the port that was fragile, not the plug. it's easier and cheaper to replace a cable than, say, the port in your phone.
I'm not saying fragile is better, but if i had to choose...

>lying

then how come all my mini usb devices still work after literally 20 years of use

I've never had to clean the lint out of a microUSB port, if you don't keep cleaning your pocket lint regularly, your usb-c port will get compacted lint and it's really hard to remove, I thought the port was getting loose because it wouldn't charge anymore unless I pressed the connector toward the phone really hard.

thats why it will last, they will use it so your devices break faster..

lightning is 10X more robust

yes

until wireless charging actually gets good

it's not "really hard" to remove the lint, plus you should only need to do it once every year or two

I shouldn't have to do this ever, was my main point.

Why did it take them so long to come up with a pill shape?

USB-C power connector plugged in a laptop is the worst shit ever, wears out quickly and begins randomly disconnecting if you look at it

clean out the port, it's full of lint

Probably because up to recently, most plugs weren't reversible. So they need to be keyed, ideally with obvious visual & physical cues.

Attached: 0d8.jpg (200x198, 5.84K)

Lightning is the perfect connector but it was proprietary so we have to cope with USB-C tranny tech

i used micro for 10 years, never had a single cable break
me and gf had current phones for 2 years and broken 3 cables already
type-c is shit
look how flimsy this trash is
it's held on by nothing but the solder connections

Attached: 1638302726659.png (1000x1000, 1.04M)

compare that to micro and its a massive difference

Attached: 1617881494903.png (360x360, 93K)

The idea behind it is good but the execution is awful.
Reversible connectors are better for obvious reasons and it's good they removed moving parts like the little teeth microUSB had. But the port should be female and the cable male and USB-C is the opposite. Male plugs break easier and it's easier to replace a cable than it is to replace a port. And even disregarding this clear design flaw, the connector is very flimsy.
Lightning is what USB-C should've been: male cable, female plug, the male connector is a very robust thick piece with contacts inside of it as opposed to USB-C's flimsy thin plate with contacts on it. If this doesn't make sense to you just look up lightning cable and USB-C plug teardown and compare them and you'll see.

>touches the exposed pads with moist fingers
heh, nothing personell

it's practically the same thing as usb c when you include the circuit board

Attached: 1631501128727.jpg (360x360, 15.99K)

Attached: usb superposition.png (480x480, 198.43K)

>trying to force a shitty connector as a replacement for the ubiquitous microusb
Nope. Get over it. MicroUSB is THE fucking standard and it's not going anywhere.