Is linux getting easier or harder to use? It looks like the more widespread it gets the more complicated it's becoming

Is linux getting easier or harder to use? It looks like the more widespread it gets the more complicated it's becoming.

Attached: 1628284045427.jpg (602x653, 46.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

repology.org/project/zig/versions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

arch is no harder to install than debian

>Linux distros

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 23.74K)

Following instructions is hard bro.

>try to install linux for the first time, the year is 1997
>already used it a bit over telnet, so not that unfamiliar with it
>put in slackware cd-rom
>no internet because linux doesn't support your shitty winmodem
>after a lot of messing around and headscratching, still manage to do an offline install then go back to win95
I dunno, I think I had a easier time last time I installed Gentoo.

What the hell? It's way easier than it was 10 years ago.

Where is Guix? The only distro with a Zig package somehow isn't on your chart? bro...

plenty of distros have zig in official repos (albeit no debian-based ones it seems, which is what may be giving the impression it's missing everywhere)

>Kali as an OS
you know some ubuntu redditor made this shit

What distro with Zig do you recommend?

repology.org/project/zig/versions

pick for yourself, I use Gentoo and happy with it (and built zig using its ebuild), but I typically don't bother recommending Gentoo

I'm a retard and I installed arch just fine by reading the guide they give you.

no. plus
>xkcd

>Needs to read a guide to install Arch

Attached: 1648095703716.jpg (602x315, 35.65K)

cope

cope

Attached: 1648100090417.jpg (602x315, 51.12K)

excuse me sirs but apple has a nice cloth for which to wipe my ass after shitting on the street. it also comes bundled with CORE JAVA so i can become weapon of durgasoft

>do you have a life
>any sort of linux

Attached: 1517896697631.png (698x658, 77.89K)

Correct answer. Freetards seething as always.

Attached: 1544173895213.gif (387x248, 1M)

it's complicated because they made it complicated.
When Linux users tout the "freedom" to mix and match different software in their distros, what they're actually doing is exposing their "fear" of collaboration.
In other words, Linux is inherently political, moreso than any other environment that you've ever seen.

Instead of working together to produce a single DE that is flexible enough to handle the least complex to the most user-friendly, they prefer creating an "us", and "them".
In the process, fragmenting the userland into dozens of different DEs and audio systems and graphics drivers, culminating in a fractal of bad design where factions are represented by distros, who in the game of politics ironically form a Kaczynski-esque society microcosm named SystemD that consumes all into one.

Depends on your threat level. If you're utilizing polymorphic binaries in a VM after using every tool and setting under the sun to harden it. You might as well just disable any network or physical access including electricity. If it doesn't have power they can't get root privileges. Denial of service.

Finally. Somebody gets it.

>kali is hard
lol