Which better in this year of our lord 2022, C/C+ or Rust?

Which better in this year of our lord 2022, C/C+ or Rust?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All you need is bash.

how many lines of code you need to send an http request on both?

Rust

/thread

Which ugliest in this year of our lord 2022, C++ or Rust?

Rust is somehow slightly less ugly, how is that possible? Rust is assugly, I didnt think it got worse than that.
C bros, feels so good to not have retardation

Java will get you employed doe

Attached: FC2415F9-610B-490C-8ED5-F7DF4BBF8F33.jpg (550x534, 45.67K)

Java sir

C++ vs Rust? Both terrible languages. Just take the Zig pill.

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. Just add one line of code and you're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

pub const io_mode = .evented;

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performant
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

Scared of memory management? Just use the 'defer' keyword user, EZ RAII style cleanup. Want to be be even lazier? Have a single arena allocator scoped per HTTP request and forget about memory management entirely!

>Which better in this year of our lord 2022
There is a winner, and that is Zig. Embrace the future old man, and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started! Need help? IRC is #zig on libera.chat.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

What does the job market use in the area you want to work in? Use that language, don't be fucking weird.

C# !!

shut the fuck up, that isn't a real language.

>C
Best
>Rust
Getting there
>C++
A mistake that escaped the lab

I'm learning C and Rust at the same time right now. C# is my primary language but I've got a good amount of experience with JS/TS and Python

$ man 1 bash
BASH(1) General Commands Manual BASH(1)

BUGS
It's too big and too slow.

Bash is bloated, write POSIX compliant /bin/sh scripts

What the fuck is this syntax
auto area() const -> double override

I have never seen this ever and don't know what it's called

>a screenful of rust code without a single unsafe
What is it? What are you, gay?
Fopen /dev/tcp// (or whatever is the equivalent in your os), write. About 6 or 7 lines in both, depending on your formatting habits.

pub fn

should be
public func

but otherwise I like Zig's syntax.
Frankly im not sure why people don't just copy C's function syntax directly, it's still the best one.

You mean the "-> type" thingy? Trailing return type. A useless dumb joke that should've been legacyfied in '13.

How should a lambda specify return type then?

I'm never going to use a meme shell and all the scripts I write are for myself so no reason to limit my scripts.